Teatro Carlo Felice
The Teatro Carlo Felice is Genoa's most important opera house and theatre for classical music and occasional recitals. It was inaugurated in 1828 on the site of a Dominican Convent.
Important inaugural performance took place in Genoa's Teatro Carlo Felice, such as Bellini's 'Bianca e Fernando' in 1828.
Over the years the building and hall remained virtually and miraculously unscathed, with various renovations taking place every few years, until 1941 when an English shell hit the roof. This gave looters the chance to destroy parts of the back wall, and then after a bombing in 1944, all that was left was the skeleton of the original structure.
Little remained at that point of the antique rococo style and of its original beauty. The original façade was reconstructed with the new plans and the building was once again a complete theatre and officially re-opened in 1991, after many difficulties, based on the design of the Italian architect Aldo Rossi.
- No events currently scheduled.