Silver Round Trip to Mount Pilatus from Lucerne
- Ride to Pilatus Kulm with the world's steepest cogwheel railway from Alpnachstad
- Enjoy a train ride between Alpnachstad to Lucerne
- See the mountains and valleys from the panoramic cable car between Kriens and Pilatus
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilatus). If you wish to take the trip to the opposite direction, you can start by taking the train from Alpnachstad.
From Kriens, take the panoramic cable car to reach Mount Pilatus. Enjoy the 30 minutes ride with the panoramic cable car from Kriens to Fräkmüntegg, where you can visit the biggest rope park of Central Switzerland (suitable for visitors from 4 years old). In winter there are sledding routes going down to Krienseregg and Kriens.
At Fräkmüntegg you will change into the new cableway Dragon Ride and reach in 4 minutes the Pilatus Kulm at 2132 meters above sea level. At the top of the mountain, you can enjoy the great panoramic views of the Swiss mountains and the Lake Lucerne. In few minutes you can also hike up to one of the three peaks at Pilatus Kulm (Esel, Oberhaupt or Tomlishorn). Pilatus is also called the Dragon mountain because of the legends about a dragon living there.
On your way back, you get to experience the 40 minutes ride down with the world's steepest cogwheel railway to Alpnachstad. From Alpnachstad you will take the train to Lucerne. During your journey, you can stop at Krienseregg, Fräkmüntegg and Pilatus Kulm to try some local specialties in one of the restaurants.
- Bus connection between Lucerne and Kriens
- Panorama cable car from Kriens to Fräkmüntegg
- Cableway Dragon Ride from Fräkmüntegg to Pilatus Kulm
- Cogwheel railway from Pilatus Kulm to Alpnachstad
- Train from Alpnachstad to Lucerne
- Meal and drinks
- Rope park entry and sled rental
- Children ages 6-15: reduced rate
Schlossweg 1, 6010 Kriens, Switzerland
Start the round trip by taking the bus no. 1 from Lucerne to the "Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus" stop. Show the voucher on the bus and at the valley station of the cable car in Kriens. You will get the ticket for the Silver Round Trip at the station in Kriens. If you wish to take the trip to the other direction, get on the train from track no. 14, direction Giswil, and please show the voucher on the train from Lucerne to Alpnachstad. Then redeem the voucher at the cash desk of the cogwheel railway (Pilatus Railway) when you arrive in Alpnachstad.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Choose the 1st class ticket for a better train experience: First class ticket holders are seated in more comfortable seats with more space. 2nd class ticket holders are seated in smaller seats
- You can choose to take the Silver Round Trip to both directions
- You can see the cable car and cogwheel train timetables here
- Make sure you don't miss the last ride down!
- The panoramic gondola and the cableway Dragon Ride is closed from 22 October to 9 November 2018. During that period you can only take the cogwheel train up and down from Alpnachstad
- The cogwheel operates only from 15 May until 18 November 2018
Erleben Sie als Höhepunkt Ihrer Schweiz-Reise einen aufregenden und unvergesslichen Ganztagesausflug...
Genießen Sie die atemberaubende 30-minütige Fahrt mit der Panorama-Gondelbahn von Kriens zur Mittels...
Wir kombinieren für Sie einen Ausflug in die Berglandschaft von Luzern mit einer Bootstour auf dem V...
La valise RTL, la chauve-souris, les expressions, les grands moments de solitude, les proverbes chin...
Les amis. Ces gens qu’on voit plus d’une fois. Parce qu’on décide que c’était bien, qu’on ne s’est p...
Ouverture des portes 1 heure avant le spectacle. SopranoGinevra dans Ariodante, Olympia des Contes d...