Arthur Avenue food tour: Little Italy of the Bronx
- See New York’s other Little Italy, where Italians still shop and locally-owned businesses still thrive
- Taste delicious pastries, cheese, salume, bread and more--all made by local artisans
- Learn all about the history of the Bronx and the Italian community that built the city and the neighborhood
The Belmont section of the Bronx known as Little Italy, or simply "Arthur Avenue", is one of New York's last enclaves of small, family-run food shops. On this epic food tour, you'll visit nearly a dozen Italian food shops, most of which are third-generation owned and have been in business for over 100 years.
Your food adventure begins at the famous Arthur Avenue Retail Market, where a special stop is made to see what foods have just arrived from Italy. Next, you'll head next-door to a pork shop where the entire ceiling is covered with their homemade sausages. Samples will be given of imported and homemade cheeses before moving on to a local bakery for a taste of their singular loaves.
The rest of the tour will include a stop at a working fish market for a freshly shucked oyster, a fresh pasta-making observation and a visit to a neighborhood deli for a sample of their hand-pulled mozzarella. Finally, find out where NYC chefs get their Italian food supplies and why.
- English speaking guide
- Food and drink samples as per itinerary
- Additional food and drinks
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
Arthur Avenue Retail Market - 2344 Arthur Avenue, Bronx, NY 10458
Outside the Retail Market
- Your booking is confirmed once you receive the voucher
- This is a child-friendly tour
- Full refund issued if cancellations are made more than 48 hours prior to tour. Traveler will receive no refund if cancellations are made 48 hours or less prior to tour
- Tuesday - Saturday at 11.00am
Besichtigen Sie die schönsten Ecken von Manhattan bei dieser sechsstündigen Tour. Ihr Gästeführer wi...
Die 5-stündige Classic Bike Tour ist eine einzigartige Erfahrung, die Sie in NYC nicht finden werden...
Beginnend mit einer Fähre von Williamsburg nach Wall Street, fahren Sie durch die Viertel Battery Pa...
Mariusz Treliñskis eindringliche Inszenierung der Paarung von Tschaikowskys und Bartóks einaktigen O...
Auf dieser unterhaltsamen und informativen zweistündigen Tour treffen Sie die Frauen, die die Glasde...
Pizza-, Bier- und Geschichtstour in New York Suchen Sie in NYC, was zu tun ist? Probieren Sie die be...