We are looking for excellent software developers to join our growing team in Milan.
Our platforms are written on Symfony2 as our MVC framework. Developers choose the tools that work best for them - for instance, we have a mix of Linux, Windows, and Mac workstations in the team.
We are adopting and adapting agile scrum development techniques such as test-driven development, pair programming, and continuous integration.
We hold regular retrospectives to improve our working environment and lightning talks to share cool ideas whether work-related or not. We expect developers to be generalising specialists, ready at the drop of a hat to refine an algorithm, write a tricky integration test, tune a SQL query, or discuss feature nuances with a product manager.
- Communicating with business owners and product managers regarding development tasks for our website or backend systems
- Breaking down complex tasks to smaller pieces and distributing it across the team
- Verifying the outcome of those tasks, organizing code reviews
- Scheduling estimation, planning and daily meetings to track progress, problems, plans
- Coaching the developers on topics they need more knowledge on
Essential Attributes and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS (or similar), or related experience
- Several years of experience with PHP 5, OOP, Symfony2 MVC Frameworks
- Experience with ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ
- Experience with Git
- Good knowledge of MySQL
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Solid and extensive coding experience in a commercial environment
- Experience with a no-relational database
- Willingness to collaborate closely with colleagues inside and outside the team
- Flexibility and interest in a wide range of development activities
- Fluency in English
Ideal Skills and Experience:
- Sonata Admin Bundle
- Third party API integration
- Test driven development and continuous integration
- Queries and analysis on large data sets
- Experience in e-commerce
- Unit test
Position based in: MILAN, Italy
Competitive compensation package with possible participation in the company stock option plan. Base salary and bonuses will be correlated to the seniority of the candidate.
Please submit your application including projects developed or references to email@example.com with subject referring to DEV2017