Daintree rainforest and Ngadiku day tour
- Discover the natural beeauty and ancient culture of Daintree from coast to rainforest
- Visit the homes of Kuku Yalanji people
- Enjoy lunch sourced with traditional indigenous ingredients
- Experience a 2 hour coastal and mangrove walk with Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat
On this day tour you will travel to Cooya Beach north of Port Douglas and meet with the Kubirri Warra brothers who follow the traditions of their ancestors. This special place is a traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji. Learn about bush tucker and medicines before enjoying home made damper on the balcony of the family home and taste your catch of the day.
You will visit Mossman Gorge Centre where lunch will be included at the Mayi Cafe with a menu featuring predominantly locally sourced produce infused with Indigenous bush ingredients.
You will then head to the World Heritage Listed Daintree Rainforest to experience this pristine natural wonder on a guided rainforest walk with your experienced Indigenous guide. You will be welcomed with a traditional smoking ceremony and your guide will demonstrate traditional plant use, identify bush food and traditions like making bush soaps and ochre paint. The walk meanders through stunning rainforest on private walking rails and takes in traditional huts or hum pies while your guide provides an enchanting narrative of the rainforest and their special relationship with this unique tropical environment. Home of the Kuku Yalanji people.
After your guided walk, spend time browsing through the centre's contemporary Indigenous art gallery and gift shop. Your day concludes with your return to your selected accommodation.
- 2 hour coastal and mangrove guided walk
- Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk – 1.5 hours
- Swimming in Mossman Gorge
- Lunch at Maye Cafe – Mossman Gorge
- Pick up and drop off return hotel transfers
- Please note that this tour can operate in reverse due to tide times at Cooya Beach
- We take individual bookings, but we require a minimum of 4 people to operate this tour. We will notify you by email if minimum numbers for the tour have not been met. This is a rare occurrence however can happen at certain times of the year
- 07.30am Cairns
- 08.00am Northern Beaches
- 09.00am Port Douglas
Gelegen am wunderschönen blauen Hafen von Sydney, ist diese schnelllebige Stadt mit kosmopolitischem...
Sydney ist eine der großartigsten Städte der Welt für Schwule und Lesben - mit vielen Geschichten, d...
Wage dich zurück zum historischen Sydney. Eine Zeit, in der Gefangene das Gesetz waren, öffentliche ...
Sehen Sie das Beste, was Sydney zu bieten hat, und sparen Sie Geld mit dem Sydney Flexi Attraction P...
Auf diesem Tagesausflug von Sydney entdecken Sie die natürliche Schönheit der Blue Mountains, wenn S...
These relaxed concerts take place on summer afternoons as the sun sets across Sydney Harbour, and la...