Athens theatre night
- See the beautiful Corinth Canal
- Visit Epidaurus Theatre and see a traditional Greek theater play
- Enjoy a performance of Greek drama or comedy
Athens is the city of democracy and also the city where you can still find the world’s most famous ancient theatres. By booking your ticket for the night-time Theatre Festival in Athens, you can have a once in a lifetime experience with this 9 and a half hour tour, that will take you to experience the old theatrical tradition. You’ll visit the Corinth Canal on your way to the Epidaurus theatre and also experience a live performance.
The tour will leave in the afternoon with a 15 minute stop at the Corinth Canal, which is a man-made canal that connects the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf in the Aegon Sea. You’ll continue the tour to the Epidaurus Theatre, known for its incredible acoustics, built in the small ancient town of Epidaurus. The theatre’s perfect acoustics let you hear the lighting of a match on stage from any one of the seats and it theatre can hold up to 15 thousand spectators.
Every summer performances are held in the Epidaurus theatre in July and August, during the yearly festival that takes place there. Included in your tour fee is the price of the ticket that will let you see a performance of ancient Greek dramas or comedies. It is an experience of a lifetime.
Theater plays are held in Greek and the shows will be announced in March.
The itinerary of Epidaurus Festival 2018 at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus is:
- 6 and 7 July: Agamemnon by Aeschylus
- 13 and 14 July: Plutus by Aristophanes
- 20 and 21 July: Electra by Sophocles
- 27 and 28 July: Thesmophoriazusae by Aristophanes
- 3 and 4 August: Orestes by Euripides
- 10 and 11 August: The Frogs by Aristophanes
- 17 and 18 August: Oedipus at Colonus by Sophocles
- Theater tickets, upper tier, non numbered seats
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned bus
- Food and beverages
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Optional gratuities
- Children (0-3): free
- Children (4-12): reduced
Filellinon 6, Athina 105 57, Greece
The meeting point and depature is at 6 Filellinon Street in front of Alpha Bank at 4.30pm (please be there 15 minutes earlier). The meeting point is a 2 minute walk from Syntagma metro station.
- The theater plays are in Greek
- Walking pace: moderate
- Departure 4.30pm
- Tour runs in July and August
- The theatre performance starts at 9.00pm and the return back to Athens will be approximately at 2.00am
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Your Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson is not just a simple cooking demonstration, but a c...
Located at 52 Adrianou Street in Monastiraki, just a stone’s throw away from the historic city cente...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
What's the point of visiting Athens without seeing the Acropolis? This is a must-see attraction, a s...
Visit Athens, Europe’s first cultural capital, and get more out of your visit with the Athens City P...