Game of Thrones tour from Belfast with Giant’s Causeway
- See over 10 locations from Series 1-7 including the set used as Winterfell Castle
- Learn about characters, filming and local history from your guide, who has appeared in the show himself!
- Enjoy return transportation from Belfast
Whilst the hugely popular Game of Thrones TV series, adapted from George Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels, is filmed all over Europe, many of the key locations are based in Northern Ireland. Highly recommended on Trip Advisor, the Game of Thrones Tour in Belfast will give you the chance to see iconic sites from Series 1 to 7 from your very own Maester, as well as other gems of Northern Ireland including Carrick-a-Rede and the Giant’s Causeway located along the stunning Antrim coast.
Your local guide, fan of both the books & TV series, the Maester, will discuss information from the Game of Thrones series, recall incredible tales of legend and local history that could come right out of the books.
Stop at Carnlough featured in Series 6 and visit the caves Melisandre gives birth in
Departing from central Belfast, you’ll take a short stop at a location from Series 6, before heading off to the caves where Melisandre of Asshai gave birth to her ‘shadow assassin’, who then went on to slay Renly Baratheon. Remember that the night is dark and full of terrors.
Travel through the hometown of actors from the show
Journey through the small coastal town of Ballycastle, hometown of actor Conleth Hill (who plays Varys) and Michelle Fairley (who played Catelyn Stark).
You are welcome to bring your own lunch – however, there will be places along the way where you can stop to purchase hot and cold food.
Visit Renly’s encampment, cross a rope bridge
Your journey continues with a visit to the Camp of Renly Baratheon of Storm’s End where Brienne of Tarth battled Loras Tyrell. Here you will also get the chance to cross the famous Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (included in ticket price for tours after 1 April)
Explore The Giants Causeway
A crucial part of any trip to Northern Ireland is to see the UNESCO-listed Giant’s Causeway. Although it hasn’t been featured in Game of Thrones, the spectacular site is a must see where you will have approx 1 ½ hours to explore. (For tours after 1 April a free walking tour with audio guide is included)
Photo stop at the House of Greyjoy
You’ll have time for a quick photo stop at Dunluce Castle, the 17th century ruins that was used as the exterior of the House of Greyjoy on the show.
Photo stop on the Kings’ Road
The journey back to Belfast includes one final stop, the Dark Hedge, with its natural archway of intertwined trees. The road is one of Northern Ireland’s most photographed locations and is the place where Arya Stark dressed as a boy to escape from King’s Landing. Pose for pictures, then return to Belfast, where you will be dropped back in the centre of the city.
As there is walking as part of the tour, it may not be suitable for those with mobility problems. Also, why not take the Games of Thrones Tour with Castle Ward and see other locations from Game of Thrones. For private car tours we also include a visit to Lordsport, the port town on the island of Pyke, in the Iron Islands, to witness where Theon Greyjoy would return to his family and betray those who raised him.
- 9am Tour
- Driver, Guide
- Bottle of Water
- Coach Transportation
- Entry to the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre (For tours after 1 April the ticket will also include entry to Carrick a Rede and Giants Causeway Visitor Centre (worth £10pp)
- Free walking tour of the Giants Causeway with audio guide
- Free gift set which includes a Game of Thrones postcard and fridge magnet12 noon Tour
- Coach Transportation
- Entry to the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre & Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
- Gratuities (optional)
- Car / Booster seats for children under 3 years
- Food and Drink
- Entry to the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre & Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge (until 31 March 2019)
- Children under 16 years old: reduced
Irish Tour Tickets Office, 10 Great Victoria Street, Belfast
- As there is walking as part of the tour it may not be suitable for those with mobility problems
- Please arrive at least 15mins before departure time for check-in
- At the end of the tour, your driver will drop you off at the morning meeting point
- This tour is independently operated by Brit Movie Tours. It is not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with Game of Thrones’.
- 09.00am (Jan-Dec)
- 12.00pm (Saturday & Sunday in June and daily in July & August)
El Titanic Belfast es un edificio emblemático de seis plantas con nueve galerías interactivas que ex...
Attention, lors de l’achat de ce match, vous recevrez une contremarque qui ne permet pas l’accès au ...
Este tour es una aventura costera completa que lo llevará al extremo más al norte de Irlanda. Perfec...
Entre 1971 y 1998, el centro de la ciudad de Belfast fue el escenario de muchos incidentes trágicos ...
El Belfast City Church Tour es un recorrido a pie por el centro de la ciudad que incluye varias de l...
Únase al recorrido a pie y visite los murales y jardines conmemorativos de las comunidades en Falls ...