Budapest castle district walking tour
- See the Buda Castle area and hear the medieval stories related to the place
- Let your guide tell you fun facts and stories
- Visit the Fisherman’s Bastion and Matthias Church
- Enjoy coffee and cake on a break
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district, with a private walk through the small cobblestone streets and squares. Feel the medieval history around you, when your guide will lead you through the castle area and the historical points and tell you about the roles it played throughout the Hungarian history.
This tour takes you back in time, and tells you how the Castle Hill was originally built and designed. How the whole area was used over the centuries by many different cultures and nations. Walk through these major historical points and learn how the castle district survived and helped its inhabitants defend and live through invasions and occupations for centuries. Learn the secrets of the Buda castle hill!
During this tour you will see the major areas of Royal Palace, Presidential palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess Andras Square and Fisherman’s Bastion. We'll also show you around inside the Matthias Church and tell its stories and legends. You will also take a break for coffee and cake in a cosy Café of the Castle District.
- English speaking guide
- Entrance to Matthias Church
- Coffee stop with dessert
- Children ages 3-12: reduced price
- Infants ages 0-2: free
- Students ages 13-26: reduced price with a valid student ID
Szentharomsag ter, 1014 Budapest
Meet your guide in Buda Castle District 1014 Szentharomsag ter, next to the Holy Trinity statue in the middle of the square.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2,5 hours
- Tour operates on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 2.30pm
¡La experiencia de Budapest en su máxima expresión! Disfruta de un acogedor conc...
Siendo la ciudad con la comunidad judía activa más grande de Europa Central, Budapest tiene mucho qu...
Sumérgete en la vida nocturna de Budapest de una forma original y fascinante: a bordo de un crucero ...
Con sus 21 piscinas, el balneario Széchenyi es el complejo termal más grande de Budapest y uno de lo...
La Basílica de San Esteban es uno de los edificios neoclásicos más bellos de Bu...
¡Descubre la gastronomía de Budapest y explora el edificio más conocido y destacado de la capital hú...