Underground tour of Houston
- Discover Houston's fascinating underground tunnel system
- Explore the newest and oldest tunnel sections that are open to the public
- Learn about the history of Houston through its architecture and art
- See beautiful art deco treasures and sculptures by world-famous artists, and learn how Houston’s 7 miles of pedestrian tunnels came to be
This unusual tour of Houston will take you overground to underground and through the city's hidden system of old and new tunnels!
You’ll meet your local guide and begin with a walk down Main Street towards the Chase Bank Building, which features eight frescoes depicting Texas history. You’ll gain a greater understanding of the history of the city and state alike from your knowledgabeò local guide From here.
After a sweet treat at a unique boutique bakery, you'll go underground and discover the city's system of tunnels and what they hide. 's to now.
Trade in Art Deco architecture for contemporary infrastructure and head underground into the city's tunnel system to discover what lies beneath. A nifty chance to escape the Texas heat, this Houston tour even surprises locals!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Personal food and beverages
- Tips and gratuities for your local guide
- Child (under 6): Free
Cafe Express, 650 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002
Your guide may be found inside the bar in a bright red shirt with the words 'BEST. DAY. EVER.' printed on the back. If you have trouble finding your guide please call using the number on your voucher.
- Downtown parking: Do not park at a parking meter for this tour. The meters are good for only two hours and violation tickets are quite expensive. Please park at an indoor garage or on an outside lot
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and clothing. While the weather outside from May-November can be hot and humid, the Tunnel System is air-conditioned. While the weather from December-February can be cold, the Tunnel System is heated. Please check the local weather forecast and dress appropriately in case of rain and/or high winds
- If you have your voucher, your booking is confirmed
- Get in touch if you have any concerns or require more information via the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher
- Monday to Friday
- Departs at 9:30 am
- Runs until around 11:30 pm
Lo que sucedió en diciembre de 1773 en el puerto de Boston es conocido como uno de los eventos más i...
El barco fluvial de la ciudad de Nueva Orleans te llevará con estilo por el Mississippi más allá del...
Este recorrido lo guiará a través de los puntos focales del museo mientras recorre las exhibiciones ...
El Archivo Nacional contiene uno de los documentos más famosos de la fundación de los Estados Unidos...
Houston CityPASS® te garantiza la entrada a los cinco lugares turísticos más importantes de la ciuda...
¡Este tour lo hará comer, beber y experimentar lo mejor de la cultura e historia de pubs de Houston!...