Majestic Muscat half-day tour
- Discover the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, a breathtaking example of modern Islamic architecture
- Visit Mutrah and walk around the mesmerizing Souq
- Learn about Omani history in the Bait al Zubair Museum in Old Muscat
- See the Sultan’s Al Alam Palace and the historic Jalali and Mirani forts
The tour starts visiting the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, this magnificent Islamic architecture masterpiece was built from Rajasthani Sandstone. While in the inside you can admire the luxurious Persian silk carpet adorning the large prayer hall and the precious chandelier of pure Swarovski crystal. Both the main halls and the smaller prayer room have the finest Italian Marble adorning the chambers. The Mosque is surrounded by 5 minarets’, each of which symbolizes the holy five vows taken by every devout Muslim to reinforce his faith in the Almighty.
Afterward, the tour will continue at Muttrah district where you can admire the fishermen in action and then take a walk at the traditional Souq. You will learn about Omani history once in Old Muscat, where you can visit the Bait al Zubair Museum which houses archeological findings and the traditional Omani dresses and jewelry. The last stop will be the Sultan's Al Alam Palace and the hi From there to the peculiar Sultan’s Al Alam Palace and the historic Jalali and Mirani forts which still guard the natural harbor.
- English speaking guide
- Children (2-12): reduced
- Infants (0-2): free
You will be picked up directly from your hotel in Muscat, please provide hotel address information when you make the booking.
- Dress code to enter the mosque: both men and women must be dressed conservatively covering arms, legs and hair (covering hair is for women only)
- Non-Muslims are welcome to visit the mosque between 8am and 11am from Saturday to Thursday
- The library in the mosque is open to visitors 9am-2pm and 4pm-9pm from Saturday to Wednesday
- Minimum 2 people per booking
- All visitors arriving to Oman are required to obtain an electronic visa prior to arrival as per the new immigration requirement
- Your booking request will be confirmed within 48 hours
- Times are approximate
- Morning tour:
- Pick-up: 8.00am
- Drop-off: 12.00pm
- Afternoon tour:
- Pick-up: 4.00pm
- Drop-off: 7.00pm
Aprovecha tu llegada al puerto Sultán Qaboos y visita la ciudad de Mascate. Descubre la mezquita más...
Sube al autobús turístico de Mascate y descubre la fascinante historia y el encanto árabe tradiciona...
Comenzamos con un recorrido espectacular por las montañas Hajar a través de los oasis de Fanjah y Bi...
La visita empieza en Shatti Al-Qurum, el barrio diplomático de Mascate, y, desde allí, comenzarás a ...
El recorrido empieza en Shatti Al-Qurum, una adinerada zona residencial que alberga múltiples embaja...
Su crucero dhow al atardecer le proporcionará una vista panorámica de la costa de Muscat. Este viaje...