Harlem soul food and jazz walking tour
- Learn about the history of Harlem jazz from a live tour guide
- Enjoy live music and two complimentary drinks in one of Harlem's hottest jazz clubs
- Indulge in some of the best soul food at Sylvia's Restaurant for dinner
Experience a fun night uptown and discover cool jazz and delicious soul food in Harlem. What is soul food, you ask? It is the traditional African-American cuisine that originated in rural, southeastern United States consisting of lots of pork, fried chicken, corn bread, black-eyed peas, okra, sweet potato and more!
Your walking tour begins with a lesson on Harlem's role in jazz history. Hear about the most notable jazz musicians who gave New York its musical edge, including Duke Ellington and Lena Horne, whom dazzled crowds at the renowned Cotton Club. Stroll along 125th Street--Harlem's beating heart--and make a stop at the world-famous Apollo Theater, where Ella Fitzgerald won the popular "Amateur Night” competition, still occurring every Wednesday night to this day!
Recharge your batteries at the legendary Harlem restaurant by Sylvia Woods, the Queen of Soul Food. Enjoy a finger-licking, family-style soul food dinner before making your way to one of Harlem‘s local clubs, where you'll enjoy two complimentary drinks.
*On Mondays, dance the night away at the Cotton Club. (Free dance lesson included!) On Thursdays, enjoy the atmosphere at a local jazz club and groove to the sounds of a rhythm and blues band.
- Subway ticket to Harlem
- Live guided tour
- Cover charge for the jazz club plus 2 drinks
- Family-style dinner at Sylvia's plus one hot coffee and/or hot tea
- Return transportation to Midtown by van
- Additional drinks during dinner and at the club
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children ages 3-11: reduced
690 Eighth Avenue, 1st floor - New York, NY 10036
- Tour departs from Midtown by subway and returns by van
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Tour operates with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 15 people
- Tour is available in both English and French
- Prices can be changed without notice
- For wheelchair accessibility information, please contact tour provider at least 1 month in advance at +1 (212) 391-0900
- No cancellation fee will be applied if guest cancels 15 days before the tour. All changes and cancellations must be sent by email to email@example.com and reconfirmed by reservation department to be valid
- Guests must exchange voucher at tour provider's boutique 24 hours before start of tour. If they cannot make it to office 24 hours in advance, they can also get the tickets the morning of the tour
- Mondays and Thursdays at 7.00pm
Le laissez-passer journalier New York Water Taxi est le moyen idéal pour découvrir le meilleur de la...
Lauréat de plus de 50 prix majeurs, dont le Grammy Award et trois Tony Awards®, Wicked est l'histoir...
Pour les amateurs de Broadway et les fans de Disney, il n'y a pas de meilleure expérience que cette ...
Quittez New York par le New Jersey et dirigez-vous vers la ville de l’amour fraternel, Philadelphie....
Broadway's Come From Away est un des meilleurs musiciens de toute l'Amérique du Nord!Ce choix des cr...
La première et unique production de scène high-tech, interactive, artistique et scientifique, le Gaz...