Crossing the impressive glacial cirque home to one of the largest Pleistocene glaciers Apennines, today occupied by Lake of Pilate in which waters it is easy to see swim a tiny crustacean (Chirocefalo Marchesonii) a true survivor living fossil of those ancient epochee of its kind unique in the world, journey time approximately 8.00 hours, difficulty E +; vertical drop 900 meters; altitude 2300 mt.
National Park of Monti Sibillini - the Pilate lake with living fossils
- One of the largest Pleistocene glaciers Apennines today occupied by Lake Pilate
- See tiny crustacean (Chirocefalo Marchesonii) a true survivor living fossil
- Hike at high altitude
- Amazing views
- Only enabled hiking guide
- All that is not listed in the note "Product Inclusions"
There are no reduced prices
On the main square, outside the Hotel Sibilla
- Adopt Lunches (Recommended dried fruit, energy bars, and salt supplements)
- Essential clothing and equipment: small backpack, a replacement; windbreaker, sweaters, gloves, heavy cap, anti sun hat, sunscreen, water bottle, boots (high ankle) with sculpted soles, anti pioggia. Racomanded clothing sticks.
8:30 am appointment in Castelluccio (Hotel Sibilla); 9:00 am departure by own vehicles to Forca di Presta, from there to the refuge Zilioli, Lake Pilate, Forca Viola, Capanna Ghezzi, Castelluccio, transfer by own vehicles for withdrawal of those left in Forca di Presta;