Whakarewarewa, The Living Maori Village is the legacy and home of the Tūhourangi Ngāti Wāhiao people, who have been sharing their unique way of life with visitors from all around the world for over two hundred years.
You will take a guided tour through the village to experience nature’s hot-spring pools including viewing the world-famous Pohutu Geyser from viewing platforms, and learning of the history, traditions culture, and how we utilize the Geothermal that the village sits upon. In Whaka Geothermal trails, take a self-guided walk in a previously untouched geothermal landscape, where you can experience the raw nature of Papatuanuku (mother earth) and follow in the footsteps of the tūpuna (ancestors). Experience the regenerative powers of nature’s hot springs, mud pools, geysers, and manuka bushlands.
- 10.00 am-11.15 am: Whakarewarewa Iconic guided village tour
- 11.30 am-12.30 pm: Whaka Geothermal Trails or
- 12.00 pm-1.15 pm: Whakarewarewa Iconic guided village tour
- 1.30 pm-2.30 pm: Whaka Geothermal Trails or
- 2.00 pm-3.15 pm: Whakarewarewa Iconic guided village tour
- 3.30 pm-4.00 pm: Whaka Geothermal Trails