Classic Hungarian food tour with wine tasting
- Get an overview of Hungarian cuisine through its history, culinary culture and ingredients
- Visit three venues during the walk with tastings at each location including main course and dessert
- Learn about Hungarian wines with a tasting of three top-quality local wines
- Enjoy a small group experience with a private guide that is specialized in food and wine
Exploring Budapest through its cuisine is an excellent way to get to know the city. The tour begins at the Central Market Hall, one of Europe’s largest and most spectacular indoor markets. Here you’ll get acquainted with Hungarian cuisine through a great variety and abundance of local and seasonal ingredients which are on display. Your guide will introduce the history of the building, along with the culture of food and drink and the everyday cooking and eating habits of Hungarians.
Your tour includes an introduction to the Hungarian spice “paprika”. You’ll discover why it is so special, how it’s used and produced. Then after tasting a few carefully selected samples at the market, you’ll head out to the surrounding neighborhood to visit a few more places.
Lunch will be at a traditional restaurant where you will taste a special and very strong Hungarian spirit. As no day in Budapest is complete without dessert, your group will stop at a local cafe to taste some special Hungarian dumplings.
The Classic Hungarian Food tour concludes with a wine tasting involving three quintessential Hungarian wines. During the tasting you’ll learn about the different wine regions of Hungary. And by the end you’ll be able to distinguish between their varieties and the different styles of wine which are popular here. Be sure to come with an appetite because there’ll be plenty of delicious things to eat!
- English speaking guide
- Generous food and drink tastings
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Students ages 13-26: reduced rate with a valid student ID
- Children ages 3-12: reduced rate
- Infants ages 0-2: free
Budapest, Fővám tér 6, 1056 Hungary
Meet your guide on Fővám tér 6, in V. district Budapest. Your guide is waiting for you in front of Burger King restaurant.
- Important notice: The tour tries to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs it cannot be guaranteed in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited
- Please note that the minimum number of participants for the tour to run is 2. In an unlikely situation that this requirement is not met, you will be offered a full refund
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead
- Participants will need to be fit for light walking for up to 4 hours, with breaks
- Tour runs in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- Tuesday and Thursday at 2.00pm
Descubra todas as atracções mais importantes de Budapeste com o seu guia turístico durante um passei...
Siga as pegadas da famosa imperatriz Sisi e explore o Palácio Gödöllő, a residência de verão da rain...
Visite a iluminada 'Paris do Oriente' e passe uma noite memorável num restaurante tradicional húngar...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a local guide. During your walking tour you’ll visit a local m...
Desfrute de um conveniente transporte privado de ida e volta para o seu hotel em Budapeste em um veí...