Golden roundtrip self-guided tour to Mount Pilatus from Lucerne
- Incredible view from Mount Pilatus over the Lake Lucerne and Swiss Alps
- Cruise experience on the Lake Lucerne
- World's steepest cogwheel railway goes from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm
- Mountain experience with the Panorama cable car and Flying with the new cableway Dragon Ride
Combine Lucerne’s landmark mountain with a cruise on Lake Lucerne. Both of the experiences are an absolute must of your visit to the Lake Lucerne Region.
You can take the bus number 1 to the direction Kriens/Obernau, right in front of the train station of Lucerne the Golden Round Trip starts. After an eleven-minute bus trip to the station Pilatus Center and a short walk, you will reach the valley station of the panorama cable car in Kriens. Enjoy 15 minutes travel to the middle station Krienseregg. There you can sit and relax on the terrace of Restaurant Krienseregg (own expenses) and enjoy your time while children are playing on the Pilu Land playground.
After another 15 minutes travel by panorama cable car, you will reach the middle station Fräkmüntegg. At Fräkmüntegg you can test your agility by climbing in the rope park (own expenses) or try one of the local specialties in the self-service restaurant (own expenses). At Fräkmüntegg you will also change into the new cableway Dragon Ride and after an exhilarating 5-minute ride you will reach the top of Pilatus Kulm. Thanks to its spacious interior, cockpit-like design and large windows the Dragon Ride gives you the impression of being in a helicopter.
From the top you can enjoy the panoramic views over the lake of Lucerne and the Swiss Alps on the summit and decide yourself if you want to stay inside the panoramic gallery, relax on the terrace, climb one of the peaks (5-10 minutes) or enjoy a local speciality in the restaurant of Hotel Bellevue or Hotel Pilatus Kulm (own expenses). Many hiking possibilities invite you to discover the Dragon Mountain above Lucerne.
The world's steepest cogwheel railway (built in 1889) will bring you from Pilatus Kulm through fascinating rock faces, sparkling mountain streams and lush meadows carpeted with Alpine flowers down to Alpnachstad. The cozy Chalet Restaurant there serves traditional food on its terrace (own expenses). In Alpnachstad you just pass under the street and you will be at the cruise landing stage in Alpnachstad. After a breathtaking one-hour boat trip on Lake Lucerne, you will arrive in Lucerne, near the station and your unforgettable half-day-trip will finish.
For exact timetables please click HERE
- Bus connection between Kriens and Lucerne
- Panorama cable car from Kriens to Fräkmüntegg
- Cableway Dragon Ride from Fräkmüntegg to Pilatus Kulm
- Cogwheel railway from Pilatus Kulm to Alpnachstad
- Cruise from Alpnachstad to Lucerne on Lake Lucerne
- Meals and snacks in restaurants
- Other personal expenses
- Children aged (6-15): reduced
Schlossweg 1, 6010 Kriens, Switzerland
Start the round trip by taking the bus no. 1 from Lucerne to the "Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus" stop. Show the voucher on the bus and at the valley station of the cable car in Kriens (Schlossweg 1, 6010 Kriens). You will get the ticket for the Golden Round Trip at the station in Kriens. If you wish to take the Golden Round Trip to the other direction, please show your voucher at the cash desk of the boat station in Lucerne (Pier 1 in front of the train station). When arriving in Alpnachstad, redeem the voucher at the cash desk of the cogwheel railway.
- Maximum of 9 people per booking
- Please note that this is a self-guided tour
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Choose the 1st class ticket for a better cruise experience: First class ticket holders are seated on the spacious top level of the boat with a great view over the lake. 2nd class ticket holders are seated on a lower level on the cruise boat
- You can choose to take the Golden Round Trip to both directions
- Tickets are available from May to 20 October
- Please check the timetables here
- Make sure you don't miss the last ride down!
Гора Пилатус находится неподалеку от Люцерна, и можно добраться по панорамной канатной дороге из гор...
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilat...
Не пропустите изюминкой любого швейцарского праздник захватывающим и незабываемым однодневная экскур...
Отправьтесь на однодневную экскурсию в центр Альп, идиллический Бернский Оберланд. , Кляйне Шайдегг,...
Прогулка до пункта проката велосипедов после встречи с вашим гидом, Ральф, где после некоторой практ...
Так как тур начинается, вы слышите огонь рога с последующим вызовом молиться. Привратник представляе...