On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings of their day—as artists who broke with convention, scientists who toppled stereotypes, and political figures who poisoned, slept and protested their way to power. Our tour spans more than three thousand years, from ancient Egypt to modern America.
You’ll learn about
- The most powerful female Pharaoh of Egypt and her famous tomb
- The mythical women who frightened ancient Greek men
- The first official Roman Empress and the complete erasure of her memory
- The official mistresses of French kings and the power they wielded
- A woman scientist of pre-Revolutionary France
- The female painters whose focus on women’s lives, instead of their bodies, changed modern painting.
- A suffragette who was one of the Metropolitan’s main donors
- …and so much more.