The idyllic city of Dholpur in the state of Rajasthan is perfect for a quick serene holiday. The most prominent landmark here is the Dholpur Palace, also known as the Raj Niwas Palace. Once, home to generations of royals, this magnificently restored red sandstone palace is now a luxury heritage hotel, where guests are still treated like royalty and can relive the opulence of those grand old days. Set amidst 13 acres of beautifully manicured gardens, the palace grounds attract scores of peacocks and other birds. Enjoy a tour of the regal Dholpur Palace and after that proceed for a walk through the small town. Visit the ancient sacred site of Machkund Temple. The temple commands panoramic views and is a deeply revered pilgrim site. The legend goes that a demon ended up disturbing the king’s rest here and was burnt to ashes as the king had divine blessings. Later, proceed to visit the Gharial Breeding Farm, a farm where alligators are bred in captivity for around two to three years before being released. They grow to a length of roughly one meter here. Strategies for the protection of alligators and their habitats are also chalked out here by conducting research on alligator ecology. End your day with a Boat Safari on the River Chambal. This river is one of the most pristine rivers in India and supports a wide array of life, including the rare Gangetic River Dolphins, alligators, turtles, and resident as well as migratory birds.
Excursions & day trips
Full-day Dholpur city from Agra
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Relish with red sandstone palace, Raj Niwas Palace
- Visit the Gharial Breeding Farm, where the alligators are bred in captivity
- Enjoy a boat safari on the river Chambal
- You'll become so familiar with the city that it'll start to feel like home
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick-up from Agra city hotels only
What to remember
- Please bring your own water bottles, sunglasses, and caps
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are suggested
- Come with an open heart and mind, and take away buckets of cherish-able memories and perspectives!
- Check with your tour guide for specific instructions
- Supplement for pick-up from hotels close to Taj expressway:
- USD 20 Per Person (2-5 Pax)
- USD 12 Per Person (6-7 Pax)
- Starting time at 08:00 am
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.