Sikandra is well known for the tomb of Akbar, the much celebrated Mughal emperor. The spectacular tomb complex includes an elaborately decorated huge gateway. Four elegant minarets adorn the corners. The Dayal Bagh is famous for its rich heritage market area and historical monuments. It’s also the headquarters of the Radhaswami sect. This temple, or rather a Samadhi (memorial tomb), has acquired a legendary status. The Samadhi of 'Swamiji Maharaj', the founder of Radha Soami faith lies here. Built by the Radha Swami Satsang sect, it has been under construction for as many as 113 years now. This splendid 110-feet building features numerous pillars and fine pietra dura work on the inner walls. The foundation itself weighs 100 tones, and the superstructure is built on 52 wells, 40-45 feet in depth and 5-10 feet in diameter, covered with concrete. The plinth rises 20 feet above the ground. Marble was brought from Makrana quarries in Jodhpur, green stones from Baroda, and yellow stone from Jaisalmer. The dome is inlaid with 5-feet-square marble slabs, 110 feet in height and width.
Excursions & day trips
Half-day Sikandra and Dayal Bagh tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Visit Sikandra well known for the tomb of Akbar
- See the Dayal Bagh, famous for its rich heritage market area and historical monuments
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick-up from Agra city hotels only
What to remember
- Please bring your own water bottles, sunglasses, and caps
- Please note that this tour is available for a maximum of 7 people
- Please carry a valid passport as proof of identity
- Supplement for pick-up from hotels close to expressway:
- USD 20 Per Person (2-5 Pax)
- USD 12 Per Person (6-7 Pax)
- Starting time 09:00 am
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.