Private tour: Valley of the Temples and Archaeological Museum of Sicily
- Explore a unique UNESCO Cultural World Heritage site in beautiful Sicily
- Get to know the history and the fascinating characters that shaped the face of Akragas
- Visit the Regional Archaeological Museum "Pietro Griffo", one of the most interesting in Sicily
Through this tour, you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities. Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'.
After the Vally of the Temples, your guide will take you to visit the Regional Archaeological Museum "Pietro Griffo". The museum houses an impressive collection of vases, two famous Greek marble statues, sarcophagi from the Greek and Roman periods and the original of one of the colossal Telamons of the Temple of Olympic Jupiter. This visit is very recommended to those who wish to have a more complete view of daily life in ancient Greece thanks to the numerous artefacts you can find here.
The guided tour also includes the remains of the ancient Agora, in which the Museum building is located.
- private tour
- expert tour guide
- tickets for the Valley of the Temples and the Museum "Pietro Griffo"
- food & drinks
- children (up to 17 years old) can join this tour for free!
Via Panoramica Valle dei Templi, 92100 Agrigento, Sicily
Meet your guide in front of the ticket office of the Tempio di Giunone.
- please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen
- please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected places
- every day of the week except on Sunday and Monday
- departures at 9 am, 10 am and 3 pm
¡Regálate un verdadero viaje al pasado, a una historia que te dejará sin aliento! El Parque Arqueoló...
Agrigento se instala en la acrópolis de la antigua ciudad griega. Su plan urbano combina 25 siglos d...
El Valle de los Templos es un yacimiento arqueológico en Agrigento (Akragas en griego antiguo), Sici...
El Parque Arqueológico y Paisajístico del Valle de los Templos en Agrigento es un sitio arqueológico...
Esta visita guiada privada de 2 horas comienza en Porta di Ponte y serpentea por la Via Atenea, el c...
El Valle de los Templos es un sitio arqueológico en Agrigento (antiguo griego Akragas), Sicilia. Es ...