The 'Beating Retreat’ or ‘Lowering of the Flags’ ceremony at the Indo-Pak border is a highly colorful and entertaining affair. Just before sunset, the border guards of both countries perform an engrossing parade characterized by dance-like movements and even somewhat comical yet aggressive elements. Loud music is played and there’s lots of pomp and show. Finally, the flags of both countries are lowered and the border gates close down.
Excursions & day trips
Wagah border ceremony
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Be a part of the patriotism ceremony
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (age 12-17)
Pick up from your hotel in the Amritsar city centre. You will indicate your pick-up location at checkout and confirm your pick-up time and location directly to the local operator
What to remember
- Please bring your own bottle of water
- It is advisable to dress in full-length trousers and half or full sleeve tops due to cultural and religious reasons
- A cap, sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended
- Wear comfortable shoes as you need to walk approx. 600 meters to the venue (stadium)
- Please carry your money in a small pouch since big handbags or backpacks are strictly not allowed inside the venue (stadium)
- Check with your tour guide for specific instructions
- Starting time: 02.00 pm
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.