Try your hand at a millennia-old traditional wrestling form of Kushti with its most fervent hobbyists, in a revered Akhara. Participate in the natural exercise routines involving Indian style dand push-ups, climbing ropes on a tree, swinging maces and more! Also, understand the diet regimen of the Pehelwans (wrestlers), and witness (or even participate in about of wrestling). The session would be conducted in a Kushti Akhara (community wrestling place) and lead by skilled Pehelwans. You will be accompanied by a storyteller who is well-versed with the historical origins of Kushti and its cultural significance.
Witness Kushti at a local akhara in Amritsar
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Meet a skilled Pehlawan
- Enjoy the various natural exercise routines in Indian style
- A perfect experience for kids - spark their imaginations
- Participate in the event yourself and become part of the show
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Story teller
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (age 12-17)
Pick up from your hotel in the Amritsar city centre. You will indicate your pick-up location at checkout and confirm your pick-up time and location directly to the local operator
What to remember
- Please bring your own bottle of water
- It is advisable to dress in full-length trousers and half or full sleeve tops due to cultural and religious reasons
- Check with your tour guide for specific instructions
- Morning tour starts at 07:00 am
- Evening tour starts at 05:00 pm
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.