Amsterdam Jewish Cultural Quarter entrance ticket
- Get access to all five locations and all exhibitions of Amsterdam's Jewish Cultural Quarter with one single ticket
- Visit Jewish Historical Museum, the Children's Museum, the Portuguese Synagogue, the Hollandsche Schouwburg, and the National Holocaust Museum
- If you run out of time, you can return within 30 days to visit the other locations at no additional charge
Stunning synagogues, striking buildings and impressive memorials grace the streets of Amsterdam's old Jewish quarter. In the heart of the neighborhood, an area of less than one square kilometer, is the Jewish Cultural Quarter. Here you can learn about Jewish culture, history and traditions -- all with one ticket.
The Jewish Historical Museum is housed in four monumental synagogues and offers a unique look at Jewish life in the Netherlands, past and present, in all its complexity. The museum has a large multimedia collection, ranging from paintings to films, everyday objects and 3D presentations, and always offers one or two temporary exhibitions. Especially for children, there's the Children's Museum: set up as the home of a Jewish family, a playful way to learn about Jewish life.
The Portuguese Synagogue was built in 1675 and is still used as a house of worship, but it's also open to the public -- also for the (almost) monthly candlelight concerts. The seventeenth-century interior is still fully intact. Inside the Treasure Chambers visitors can admire a unique collection of silver ceremonial objects made of silver, gold, silk and brocade. The oldest still functioning Jewish library in the world is also here: Ets Haim-Livraria Montezinos, which is included in UNESCO's Memory of the World Register.
The Hollandsche Schouwburg is the National Holocaust Memorial: a former theater that was turned into a deportation center during World War II. Tens of thousands of people were held here, not knowing what fate awaited them, until they were deported to concentration and extermination camps. This is now a memorial site with a Wall of Names, an Eternal Flame and a small exhibition.
Currently, the future National Holocaust Museum (in its first developmental stage) is open to the public. Temporary exhibitions and events give a glimpse of the museum to come.
- Admission to Jewish Historical Museum, the Children's Museum, the Portuguese Synagogue, the Hollandsche Schouwburg, and the National Holocaust Museum
- Admission to all ongoing exhibitions
- Admission to special events, mostly on Sundays (check the schedule on the website)
- Free audio guides
- Guided tours
- Admission to the Ets Haim library
- Admission to the (almost) monthly concerts at the Portuguese Synagogue
- Children (6-12 years old): reduced
- Students (13-30 years old): reduced
- Youth (13-17 years-old): reduced
Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL Amsterdam, Netherlands
You'll find the Jewish Cultural Quarter near Waterlooplein (Waterloo Square) and the Artis Zoo. Please change your voucher to a paper ticket at one of the following locations:
Jewish Historical Museum & Children’s Museum – Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1, 1011 PL, Amsterdam
Portuguese Synagogue - Mr. Visserplein 3, 1011 RD, Amsterdam
National Holocaust Museum – Plantage Middenlaan, 1018 DB, Amsterdam
- In the Portuguese Synagogue and the Jewish Historical Museum an audio guide is available in English, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, German and French
- Your ticket is valid for 30 days after first use
- You can visit all five locations during their opening times
Amsterdam’s prosperity in the Golden Age would have been unimaginable without the contribution made ...
On this extensive bus excursion you will see all Amsterdam has to offer, from the historical monumen...
Using this combo offer, which includes an extensive 2.5-hour bus excursion and 1-hour canal cruise, ...
During your free walking tour of Amsterdam, you'll cover the main sights of the inner city to experi...
Take advantage of this combination ticket that includes a one-hour canal cruise along the city's mos...
Enjoy Amsterdam at its fullest during this highlights tour with a twist. The Begijnhof, Rembrandt's ...
Hop on your bike and cycle past all the amazing highlights of Amsterdam! There’s so much more to see...
This 2½-hour* walking tour covers the main sights of the inner city. The guides with whom we work ha...
You may have your thoughts about the Red Light District, but do you really know what it’s all about?...
During your skip-the-line guided visits to the Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam with a c...