You thought Amsterdam was all about tulips, cheese and the Red Light District? Think again. There are so many unique things to experience in this awesome city, you only have to know where to look. Step into the shoes of a local during this unique Withlocals Originals tour and discover it with your private local guide. Go off the beaten track and experience what Amsterdam is truly all about!
Go to secret spots where only locals go to. Visit a unique exhibition, hidden away in between the bookshelves of Amsterdam’s local library. Discover places where art, design and science merge, and visit local initiatives that perfectly depict the city’s innovative and creative mindset. And best of all, you’ll get to visit the coolest district of Amsterdam: the North. Not to forget about the cool bars, nice local markets and beautiful, uncrowded canals; it's all included.
Dutch apple pie and coffee are included in the price. The heavenly slice of pie is served to you by a 60-year-old couple, who have already owned their local bar for more than 40 years. At the end of your day off the beaten track, you'll also enjoy the best coffee at the coolest café of the city. If you happen to be looking for something specific, just let your local host know. The tour can be completely tailored to you.
This is your plan:
- Meeting point - Amsterdam Central Station
- Stop 1 - Mediamatic: a new urban-collective where art, science and design merge together. Learn about innovative, sustainable projects set up by the locals of Amsterdam
- Stop 2 - Discover the amazing campus for international designers and artists. The location itself is an artwork!
- Stop 3 - Be amazed by a cool exhibition hidden away in the local library. Walk up a few stairs to discover a peaceful, non-touristy viewing point
- Stop 4 - Walk past Haarlemmerstraat; Amsterdam's hippest street full of cool bars, small hip boutiques and stores
- Stop 5 - Enjoy a piece of authentic apple pie in a local café. The owners are a 60-years-old couple who have been running the place for more than 40 years together. Locals all agree it’s one of the best places to taste the real recipe for Dutch apple pie
- Stop 6 - Wander past the canals where only locals come and enjoy local life away from the busy city center
- Stop 7 - Take the ferry to the hippest part of Amsterdam: the North. Known for its art-scene, festivals and local markets
- Stop 8 - NDSM: Enjoy a coffee at the coolest bar of the North. Hidden away in what used to be an industrial site you’ll find a hip, relaxing environment where you can sit down together with your local host
- Final Stop - Amsterdam Central Station