- Visit Michele Chiarlo winery
- Paths off the beaten tracks
- Enjoy Michele Chiarlo wines
“Michele Chiarlo is a member of The Grand Wine Tour Association: a quality brand that certifies hospitality excellence in the best wineries. The Grand Wine Tour is also a magazine online.”
Located in Calamandrana in the Monferrato, Michele Chiarlo makes wines from some of Piedmont’s most prestigious crus: Cannubi and Cerequio in Barolo, Asili, and Faset in Barbaresco, and Rovereto of Gavi. The winery also owns one of the most beautiful estates of the territory, La Court, from which it makes Barbera and Nizza DOCG, the newest denomination of Barbera that earned a DOCG in 2014.
The winery only vinifies native Piedmontese grapes as varietal wines, using just Nebbiolo, Barbera, Cortese, and Moscato.
Certified by VIVA Sustainable Wine in 2011, Michele Chiarlo follows an integrated and sustainable agricultural approach, carefully monitoring their environmental impact and all stages of production.
The winery’s estate also includes the Art Park La Court, inaugurated in 2004 as the first open-air art museum among vineyards, with works by Emanuele Luzzati, Ugo Nespolo, Giancarlo Ferraris, and Chris Bangle. And the Relais Palas Cerequio, the first wine resort expressly dedicated to the celebrated crus of Barolo, where half a century of Barolo vintages are stored. The Relais includes the restaurant Vertigo and offers a unique tasting option with over 400 labels made from the nine most celebrated crus of Barolo.
The Art Park La Court and Relais Palas Cerequio are both within the “Vineyard Landscapes of Langhe-Roero and Monferrato”, a UNESCO World Heritage since 2014.
TOUR AND TASTING
- The Classic Tour includes a visit to the wineries in Calamandrana, in Monferrato. An itinerary which leads to the discovery of how the wines of Michele Chiarlo are created, from the techniques used in vinification to the refinement and bottling rooms. The tour concludes with the tasting of 3 wines from the Classic range: Gavi DOCG Le Marne; Barbera d’Asti DOCG Le Orme “16 mesi” (the Barbera d’Asti ‘par excellence’); Moscato d’Asti DOCG Nivole
- The Premium Tour invites visitors to discover the heart of Michele Chiarlo wine production, differentiating the differences between wine varieties, zones of production and the terroir. A comprehensive and unique overview of Piedmont: from tradition to innovation, from the hills of Gavi to those of Barbera, from the freshness of Moscato d’Asti to the elegance and power of Barolo. The visit includes entry to the art exhibition which we host in our winery. At the end of the tour, you can taste five wines which have come to symbolize Michele Chiarlo: Gavi DOCG Le Marne; Nizza DOCG Cipressi; Piemonte Albarossa DOC Montald; Barolo DOCG Tortoniano; Moscato d’Asti DOCG Nivole
- The Vineyards Tour is a unique, immersive and captivating experience. It allows you to enjoy both the Basic and Premium wine tastings in the magnificent setting of the Art Park La Court. The evocative landscape, recognized as a UNESCO heritage site, and the rich rows of Barbera grapes make this an unforgettable experience. The wine tasting will take place at Art Park La Court.
- Guided winery tour
- Wine tasting
- Transportation (upon request)
Strada Nizza-Canelli, 99, 14042 Calamandrana AT.
- Every day
- 10.00 am / 2.00 pm / 3.00 pm
"Coppo ist Mitglied der Grand Wine Tour Association: eine Qualitätsmarke, die Gastfreundschaft in de...
Nel 1947 Eugenio Rivella detto ‘Genio, dopo aver lavorato alcuni anni come mezzadro in una cascina n...
Probieren Sie ein einmaliges Erlebnis aus, indem Sie einen wundervollen Oldtimer für den ganzen Tag ...
Every wednasday our fabulous party: Sins! Summer Season 2018 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up: DJ...
Every Thursday our fabulous party: Finest Thursdays! Summer Season 2018 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits L...
Every Sunday our fabulous party: Special Sunday! Summer Season 2018 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines...