Athens: Acropolis and Ancient Agora small group tour
- Get a superb personal experience on a small group tour and visit the Ancient Agora
- Enjoy roundtrip transportation
- Admire Athens on a panoramic city tour of the city centre
- Take advantage of a guided tour of Acropolis and the museum
Take advantage of this small group tour exploring Greek famous monuments and the city's rich history! Start at the House of the Greek Parliament, admire the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and watch the changing of the guards. The tour will continue passing by National Garden, St. Paul’s Church - Catholic Cathedral, Schlieman’s House (Nomismatic Museum), Academy, University of Athens, National Library and Russian Orthodox Church.
Next stop is at the Panathinaiko Stadium, known as a cradle of the first Olympic Games. You will pass by Zappion (Conference and Exhibition Hall) and by Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arc. A pleasant short walk will take you to the new Acropolis museum. Among the boundless treasures hidden inside there are votives, artifacts of every day life and statues from archaic period. Don't miss the the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze.
In order to avoid the crowds, you will enter the Acropolis from the south slope and visit the Dionysus sanctuary and Dionysus Theatre built in the 5th century BC. Your guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as, the Parthenon, the Erectheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple and the surrounding monuments such as the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Observatory as well as the Philopappos.
After your guided tour in Acropolis, you'll pass by Mars and Pnyx Hill and enter the Ancient Agora to see the Attalos Gallery and finally the Temple of Hephaestus.
- Entrance fees of Acropolis and the Acropolis museum
- Luxurious mini bus or minivan transport
- Convenient pickup and drop off from central Athens hotels
- Services of a professional and licensed guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Children 0-3 years old: free
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced price
Chatzichristou 1-9, Athina 117 42, Greece
- The lobby of your hotel in Athens
- For Acropolis hill, comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses, hat and loose fitted clothing are strongly recommended
- The tour operates on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at 8.30am
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Your Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson is not just a simple cooking demonstration, but a c...
Located at 52 Adrianou Street in Monastiraki, just a stone’s throw away from the historic city cente...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
What's the point of visiting Athens without seeing the Acropolis? This is a must-see attraction, a s...
Visit Athens, Europe’s first cultural capital, and get more out of your visit with the Athens City P...