DO THIS BECAUSE...
- An enthralling night stroll in Syntagma, Plaka, Monastiraki and Psirri
- Sample a hearty, delicious plate of Greek mezedes served with house wine or raki.
- Small group size ensures a relaxed vibe
- Local expert guide at your disposal
WHAT TO EXPECT
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of centuries-old ruins as you look for the pulse of the city's nightlife and listen to your guide's engaging commentary. Dig into some plates of tasty Greek "mezedes" along the way and end your walk in thriving Psyrri.
Meet your guide in Syntagma Square, where you will see the Old Royal Palace aglow before you stroll across the bustling Ermou Street towards Plaka. Scope out the second-century seating at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus theater, which still hosts performances today, and then see where ancient Greeks met up as you check out crumbling columns around the ruins of the Ancient Agora.
Dive into Monastiraki for some flea market bargains found among the vendors scattered around the charming neighborhood, and then end you tour amid the lights and activity of Psyrri. Find out what bars and restaurants lure locals for their nightlife and dig into a tasty plate of "mezedes" (appetizers) as you sip wine or raki before your evening comes to a close.
- Four-hour walking tour with an enthusiastic tour
- A hearty plate with mezedes (savory Greek appetizers) in a traditional place in Psirri area
- One drink - choice between raki/wine/beer/ouzo or beverage
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Additional food and beverages
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
The meeting point is at the fountain of Syntagma Square Your guide will be wearing a Greeking.me badge
WHAT TO REMEMBER
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Thursdays: 7.30pm
- Students with valid student identification card: reduced
- Youths 12-17 years old: reduced
- Children 11 years old and under: no charge