Athens food small-group walking tour
- Taste traditional Greek delicacies
- Visit the colorful Athenian market district
- Be a part of the Athenian culinary life
Enjoy being at the center between the East and Europe, Greece has always enjoyed a great variety of influences, some of them involving the great family of foods and tastes of its capital, Athens. Stroll down hundreds of years of culinary tradition that gave birth to one of the most recognized and healthy diets of all time, the Mediterranean Diet.
In this 4-hour tour, you will visit some of the oldest traditional markets of the capital, taste typical salty and sweet Greek delicacies like the loukoumas and the cheese pie, explore all kinds of herbs and spices and the worldwide famous Greek olives, olive oil and, obviously, the souvlaki. You will also experience some of our most cherished everyday habits, like enjoying a Greek coffee or a glass of ouzo accompanied by a selection of small dishes (meze) in some of the oldest establishments of the historical center of Athens.
- A gastronomy expert of the Be a Greek team
- A Greek coffee or another traditional refreshment per person
- A great variety of salty and sweet finger food delicacies
- An assortment of typical Greek plates to accompany our unique ouzo
- Entrance fees to any point of interest
- Child: 0-4
Outside Monastiraki Metro Station (by the kiosk)
- Tuesday and Thursday at 10.00am
Athens's fascinating mix of antiquity and contemporary vibrancy is especially evident when the sun g...
A wealth of ancient treasures is packed into central Athens. On this guided morning tour, you'll unc...
Athens is peppered with important landmarks and archaeological sites. And there's no more flexible a...
The beautiful islands of the Saronic Gulf are just a short journey away from Athens. This full day i...
This trip takes you out of Athens and into the open countryside to explore. Beyond the hustle and bu...
Delve into the ancient treasures of Delphi and Thebes on this full-day tour. And both are just a sho...