DO THIS BECAUSE...
- A 90-minute private Greek dance lesson
- Learn the steps of the syrtaki, kalamatianos and other Greek dances
- Dinner in a traditional downtown restaurant with live Greek music
- Learn how dance is powerful cultural and social trait of Greek people
- Try on authentic, traditional Greek folk dancing costumes
- Perfect for all ages and skill levels - Small group ensures personal service
WHAT TO EXPECT
Learn to swing and sway as the Greeks do to the lively sounds of traditional folk music as you uncover the movements behind the Kalamatianos and Syrtos dances. Enjoy careful instruction from your teachers and then recharge with a tasty authentic Greek dinner.
It is very probable that you have watched the film Zorba the Greek, but even if you haven't, you still might have felt the urge to learn a traditional Greek dance or experience an original Greek feast. Prepare to discover the Zorba inside you and learn the steps of your favorite Greek folk dance!
After meeting our local guide at the Acropolis Metro Station, you will have a ten minute walk on Dionisiou Aeropagitou Street to meet your professional dance instructor will be waiting for you in a private, beautiful location for your dancing lesson. Through a fun and simple process, with the help of our instructor, you will be introduced to the cultural importance of traditional Greek dances and learn the differences between the various kinds of dances that were derived from specific areas shaped by the philosophy of its inhabitants. After the introduction, you will join the circle and follow the steps of popular dances like kalamatianos and syrtos. Last but not least, you will follow the vivid rhythm of the memorable syrtaki.
After working up an appetite dancing, you will savor a traditional Greek feast, known as a glendi, against the backdrop of a stunning view of the Acropolis while listening to live Greek music in the company of warmhearted locals.
- 90-minute dancing lesson with an excellent folk dancer in a private place.
- A delicious hearty dinner (Greek salad, 3 appetizers, 1 lt. of Greek wine per 4 persons - a main course & Greek dessert for each participant) in a traditional place with live Greek music.
- One or two glasses of wine or any other beverage.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Additional food and beverages not listed as inclusion
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
The meeting point is at the Entrance of Acropolis Metro Station. Your guide will be wearing a Greeking.me badge.
WHAT TO REMEMBER
- The tour requires at least four participants to take place. In the event of a cancellation due to the minimum requirement not being met, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start time in for check-in
- June-October: Friday at 6.00pm
- November-May: Friday at 4.30pm
- Blackout dates: May 1, June 19, December 25
- Students with valid student identification card: reduced
- Youths 12-17 years old: reduced
- Children 11 years old and under: no charge