Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson
- Enjoy a small-group Greek cooking lesson in a private downtown venue
- Learn the secrets of Greek cuisine from an entertaining food expert
- Take a stroll around Athens Central Market with a knowledgeable food expert
- Ιndulge in a mouthwatering meal that you prepared
Your Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson is not just a simple cooking demonstration, but a complete culinary journey that gets to the core of Greek gastronomy.
With a Greek food expert, you'll explore Varvakios, Athens's Central Market, and learn about typical Greek fresh fruits, vegetables and meats. Once you have obtained the necessary ingredients, you will visit a specially designed private space in a traditional historic restaurant where your chef will demonstrate how filoxenia--the Greek word for hospitality-- is a journey of flavors that starts with a rakι.
You will prepare traditional Greek appetizers like tzatziki and cheese pie, authentic Greek salad, a traditional main course and a typical dessert. Sit down for lunch to enjoy the fruit of your labor alongside some homemade wine.
- A guided tour of Athens Central Market (Varvakeios)
- A four-hour culinary experience with the guidance of our food expert
- One to two glasses of wine/beverages per person
- Four-course lunch
- Extra drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Students with valid student identification card: 10% discount
- Youths 12-17 years old: 10% discount
- Children 11 years old and under: no charge
- The meeting point is at Monastiraki Square, at the entrance of the Monastiraki metro station
- Your guide will be wearing a Greeking.me badge
- The tour requires at least four participants to take place
- In the event of a cancellation due to the minimum requirement not being met, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements (i.e. vegetarian) at time of booking
- Thursday: 10.30am
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Taste the local flavors of Greece during this 3-hour small-group cooking class in Athens! Taking pla...
Located at 52 Adrianou Street in Monastiraki, just a stone’s throw away from the historic city cente...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
What's the point of visiting Athens without seeing the Acropolis? This is a must-see attraction, a s...
Visit Athens, Europe’s first cultural capital, and get more out of your visit with the Athens City P...