Athens walking tour: Acropolis, Zappeion Hall and Syntagma metro museum
- Enjoy a guided visit of the ancient Acropolis of Athens
- Discover Syntagma Station archaeological exhibits
- Spectacular views from the Parthenon
- Learn about each of the monuments from a professional local guide
See the best of what Athens has to offer with our world famous Athens Acropolis and historical city tour!
Discover the most important landmarks and sights of the historical center of Athens and take a tour of the Acropolis where your guide will give you an in-depth explanation of this world heritage site.
The tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station where you will visit the metro Museum (in 10-15 minutes) with very interesting archaeological artifacts from the daily life of Ancient Athenians that came to light during the construction of the metro. You will then continue on to the House of the Greek Parliament, the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and watch the changing of the guards.
Your tour continues towards the National Gardens and on to the beautiful neoclassical, in front of which tower the surviving columns of the Zeus Temple and Hadrian’s Arch, both of which you will have the opportunity to visit. From there you walk towards the Acropolis through the beautiful pedestrian walkway of Dionyssiou Areopagitou and you pass by the Melina statue.
You will enter the Acropolis -skipping the line- from the south slope so as to avoid the crowds and also to visit the Dionysus sanctuary and Dionysus Theatre built in the 5th century BC. As you begin to ascend the sacred hill a breathtaking view of the city below will unfold. Your guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as, the Parthenon, the Erectheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple, the Agrippa Monument and the surrounding monuments such as the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the Observatory as well as the Philopappos, Mars, and Pnyx Hills.
- Walking tour with local licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
- Children ages 6-11 and students ages 12-18: reduced rate
- Children under the age of 6: free
- If you are a student you must have a valid Student ID Card with you at the time of the tour and if you are a teenager you must have an identification (id or passport) to prove your age
Panepistimiou 68, Athina 104 31, Greece
You will meet our guide at 9.15am INSIDE the Syntagma metro station, one level below, beneath the hanging clock and he/she will be holding the orange colored Athens Walking Tour sign so you can recognize him/her
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tours do not take place on the following public Holidays: 25 & 26 December, New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, May 1st and March 25, the Greek Independence Day
- On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 11:00 am and not 09:30 am
- Our tours take place in all weather, rain or shine
- Admission fees for all places we visit during this tour (Parthenon, Nike temple, Propylea, Erechtheion, Dionysus Theatre and Temple of Zeus) are not included in the tour's price. Your guide will usually buy the tickets for you during the Acropolis guided tour so that you can skip the lines, but you can also buy this ticket at any of the 7 archaeological places you visit first and use it to visit the other sites too. Prices of the entrance tickets are subject to changes without notice
- Daily at 9.30am
Perfect for a first visit to Athens, or very simply for a better feeling of the city for a morning h...
Visit Athens, Europe’s first cultural capital, and get more out of your visit with the Athens City P...
During your highlights of Athens morning stroll, you'll discover the best of the city with an expert...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
During this guided walking tour you will see the most popular attractions of Athens. Follow your gui...
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
One of the wonderful things about visiting Athens is that with a short drive there are many other be...
For a wonderful, fully organized, night on the town in Athens, you can book this nighttime tour of t...
Un large éventail de sites anciens et une campagne éblouissante se trouvent à deux pas d'Athènes. Ce...
Enjoy being at the center between the East and Europe, Greece has always enjoyed a great variety of ...