Shore excursion: Athens, the Acropolis and Plaka
- Visit Athens and its Acropolis, a symbol of classical beauty as well as a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Walk the winding streets of the Plaka, admire the neoclassical buildings and the houses with red tile roofs
What's the point of visiting Athens without seeing the Acropolis? This is a must-see attraction, a special place.
It only takes 40 minutes from the Piraeus to reach the Acropolis of Athens. This is where Greek history - and more - began. There's nothing here that hasn't been central to European history, art and culture. Commissioned by Pericles, built by Phidias and dedicated to the goddess Athena, the Acropolis is a charming and imposing construction. Listen to the guide to learn everything about Ancient Greece.
After visiting the Acropolis you will have free time to visit the modern Athens and the typical Plaka district. Thanks to the guide's suggestions you will be able to uncover shops, bars and restaurants among the narrow streets.
From here you'll set back to the ship (30 minutes).
- Athens (sightseeing coach tour)
- Plaka district (free time)
Why should cruise-lovers choose Musement?
- Because we always provide a multilingual guide (Italian, English, French, Spanish and others)
- Because a small group tour offers you a completely different experience than a large group
- Because ours is a real Tour (with a capital T)
- Multilanguage tour guides
- Entrances fees to the sites visited
- Transportation from/to the port
- Children ages 0-2: free
- Children ages 3-18: reduced
Akti Posidonos 38, Pireas 185 31, Greece
Meeting point: the guide will be waiting for you right after custom control. The tour begins 45 minutes after the arrival of the ship. Warning: remember that it is mandatory to go through customs control at the arrival at the port.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothing to go hiking
- All visitors with physical disabilities can use the elevator that leads up to the Acropolis, but its availability may be limited for reasons beyond our control. Once you reach the archaeological zone, a path dedicated to guests with reduced mobility will allow the partial visit of the ruins
- Large bags and strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis
- The order of the sites visited may vary to avoid overcrowding at some points and depending on the closing days of the attractions visited
- Please note: we will prepare your Visa. This is why you can only purchase this tour within 15 days prior to the tour date
- Please note: if the minimum number of tour participants is not reached, the customer will be offered an alternative booking date or a full refund
- The tour is available on the day cruises arrive in the harbor and at the times determined by the cruise company
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Taste the local flavors of Greece during this 3-hour small-group cooking class in Athens! Taking pla...
Your Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson is not just a simple cooking demonstration, but a c...
Located at 52 Adrianou Street in Monastiraki, just a stone’s throw away from the historic city cente...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
Visit Athens, Europe’s first cultural capital, and get more out of your visit with the Athens City P...