Fire Lake and Furnas in one day tour
- Explore Ribeira Grande City Center
- Visit Caldeira Velha Natural Park, Miradouro Santa Iria and the islet of Vila Franca do Campo
- Admire the Furnas Lake, Furnas calderais and fumaroles, Fire Lake, Pico da Barrosa and Miradouro Pico do Fero
- Watch the various sources of water with different flavors
- Miradouro Pico do Fero: Viewpoint which has a magnificent view over the valley of geysers, from which one sees all the lush vegetation around it
- See the Gorreana Tea Factory
- Take a bath in the thermal pool's of Dona Beija
Furnas is one of the most famous beauty spots on the island of São Miguel with a history of volcanic activity has left a legacy of particularly impressive natural geysers, hot springs, calderas and fumaroles. The Furnas lake and its geysers are surrounded by lush nature, form a picture.
Lunch will be served at a traditional restaurant where you can try the famous "cozido" which is cooked by the heat of one of the Furnas fumaroles. On this route you will also visit a number of locations with stunning landscapes and unique and intriguing features, such as Vila Franca do Campo, where you can see the famous islet, a tea factory and there will be time to admire the breathtaking views from many viewpoints.
- Hotel/Port pick-up/drop-off
- Driver/local guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
Estrada Regional do Norte 12, 9675 Furnas, Portugal
You will be picked up and dropped off at your hotel or at the port. Please provide you information to arrange your pick-up.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Daily: 9.00am
Join an exciting Marine Wildlife tour with Biologists and Naturalist Guides, to see and learn more a...
Join a fantastic and unique Wildlife Experience! Swim with wild Dolphins in the open ocean, and snor...
Nature, history and local culture combine on this 4x4 tour from Faro. Discover the salt marshes of T...
Madeira has long been heralded as a top place to see whales and dolphins in the wild, and this 2.5-h...
The Algarve coastline is in a class of its own. On this boat trip aboard the Ophelia, you'll spot it...
As ways to spend a day in the Algarve, few can trump a cruise aboard the legendary Leaozinho. The na...