Bangkok Tour: Temple & River of Kings
- Glide thorugh the waters of the Chao Phraya River on a longtail boat
- See famous sights and hidden gems through the eyes of a local
- Experience the atmosphere of Bangkok’s incredible Buddhist temples
- Take in the view of the Grand Palace and revered Emerald Buddha at Wat Phra Kaew
- See how Thai communities live amongst the ‘khlongs’ or canals
Through the sprawling city of Bangkok, with its towers and skyscrapers, a network of waterways flow peacefully allowing locals and tourists to glide through the silent waters and experience the devoted soul of the city, besides the cosmopolitan one.
Your your will begin by hopping on a local public bus and heading over to the Grand Palace. The stunning palace grounds feel almost unreal with their colours and amazing architecture. You will learn everything about the Palace and the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand, Wat Phra Kaew, thanks to your local guide.
You will then move on to Wat Po, another beautiful temple home of the reclining Buddah. Walking down the Chao Phraya River, commonly known as the River of Kings, you'll then arrive at your longtail boat. You will then be able to experience why Bangkok is known as the "Venice of the East" while gliding through the network of ‘khlongs’, or canals. In clear contrast with the busy streets and chaos of the city, you will have the chance to see how small communities live in the small settlements in this area.
This tour offers a unique opportunity to visit both famous sights and hidden spots, exploring them through the eyes of a local.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Transport as indicated
- Drop off transfer
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for drivers or guide
200 Maha Rat Rd, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Lobby of Nouvo City Hotel, 2 Samsen Rd, Soi 2, Pranakorn, Bangkok
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this day tour in Bangkok
- Please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered as this day tour may visit religious sites. You will also require shoes that have a closed heel to visit the Grand Palace.
Get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to your preferred city hotel and choose between a van or a car as your...
Bangkok is claimed to be the city that never stops eating. Come and join the locals as they savour s...
Thailand is predominantly Buddhist, with around 95% of Thais practicing the Theravada discipline of ...
Don Wai market has become something of a star in recent years. It's authentically Thai – there's lot...
If you've ever wondered what a Thai boxing match looks like in real life, then this is your chance. ...
Bangkok comes to life at night. And on this cruise in an open-sided luxury riverboat, your vantage p...