Guided tour to Oller del Mas from Barcelona with wine, tapas and cava tasting
- Sip on three cavas with international awards
- Explore the grounds of Oller del Mas, a 10th century castle
- Taste traditional tapas and artisanal cheeses from the Catalan region
The first stop of this amazing wine and cava tour will be Finca Ca n’Estella, a small boutique winery built in the late 18th century in D.O. Penedès. Anna, the 3rd generation of winemakers in the state, will be happy to greet you upon arrival, if she is not promoting their wines around the world. Their Clot dels Oms wines and their Rabellat i Vidal cavas have great international recognition and have been awarded with over ninety international prizes in the last 10 years. In fact, their 2013 Chardonnay ranked amongst the ten best Chardonnay wines in the whole world – and sold out immediately after!
At Ca n’Estella you'll discover the secrets of the famous Catalan sparkling wine, with a wine-making process very similar to champagne. You will visit the production area, taste a delicious cava inside an old tank, and visit the private house. The cherry on top will be a visit to the cava, the underground “cave” where the wines are aged. During the visit, you will stop to taste their best two cavas paired with a delicious regional hot and cold tapas lunch.
After discovering the best cavas in D.O. Penedès, you will be driven by the feet of Montserrat mountain towards your second destination in D.O. Pla de Bages – Oller del Mas Cellar. Located in a former medieval castle, this winery is focused on producing organic red wine, as the region has the perfect terroir for growing red grapes. There has been a wine-making tradition in this property for almost a thousand years, which had to be interrupted for half a century due to a devastating plague. The current owner, Frank, along with his father, restarted the tradition and made of wine-making his passion. Just like in Ca N’Estella, there is plenty of history in the property and in the family who has been running it for over a thousand years.
Finally, you will get to taste three organic wines of the estate as well as an artisanal cheese platter. An excellent way to end an unforgettable wine experience in Barcelona.
- Shared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus
- Local English speaking guide
- Guided visit at Ca n'Estella cava cellar and private house
- Three Rabellat i Vidal cava tasting
- Regional tapas lunch
- Guided visit to Oller del Mas vineyards, castle, and cellar
- Three organic red wine tasting and cheese platter (3 artisanal cheese slices)
- Bottle of water, provided towards the end of the tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (ages 4-12)
- Seniors (aged 65+)
- Infant (aged 0-3) Free
Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
In front of Hard Rock Café. Look for the pink umbrella.
- There is a limit of 16 people per group, although transportation may be shared with other groups
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved
- Note that Montserrat is a religious site - please dress accordingly
- Available for any dietary allergies or restrictions
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided
- Every day at 12.30pm
Located just one hour away from central Barcelona, Montserrat is considered to be the most important...
Your tour departs from central Barcelona, from which we will head for the village of Monistrol de Mo...
Avoid the crowds with early access to Montserrat Monastery.This tour not only invites you to know th...
Just minutes away from the noise of Las Ramblas and the crowded coastline of Barceloneta, an expert ...
Montserrat Mountain is a place of wonder. The most peaceful moment is in the evening during the Vesp...
Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece attracts more than three million visitors a year. You don’t want to w...
On this tour of the Sagrada Familia your English-speaking local guide, an expert in all things Gaudí...
Let us invite you to go deep into the Catalonia mountains, with accessible peaks of up to 3000 metre...
The History Museum of Catalonia was opened in 1996 by the Generalitat and it is situated in the anti...
During this three hour tour through the heart of Barcelona, we’ll introduce you to the fantastic arc...