Tour of Montserrat from Barcelona with wine and cogwheel train
- Incredible views from the cogwheel train on the ride up to Montserrat
- Enjoy an extended guided visit through Montserrat Monastery
- Taste organic wines paired with the best local food
Your tour departs from central Barcelona, from which we will head for the village of Monistrol de Montserrat. From Monistrol you will take the “Cremallera de Montserrat”, a cogwheel train with great views of the countryside and the mountain.
Once at the Montserrat Monastery, your guide will provide plenty of information about the location during the guided visit – history, legends and the importance of this site in the development of Catalonia. After walking through the monastery, and visiting a couple of viewpoints, you will get back to the bus.
It is now time for food and wine! Only a short drive away awaits Oller del Mas Cellar, located in a 10th century castle. At this point the group will divide, depending on your food choice: you may opt for eating a three-course meal at a local restaurant, or a tapas brunch during the wine tasting. Both options will enjoy an extended visit throughout the cellar, located inside the castle. The visit will allow you to discover how wine was made 600 years ago, and how they still make it today.
Wine tasting will consist of three premium château wines. If you have chosen the tapas option, you will enjoy your brunch during the wine tasting; for those that have already had lunch, the tasting will be accompanied by a cheese platter. Just before returning to Barcelona, you be able to take a stroll through the vineyards, enjoying the privileged landscape which surrounds Oller del Mas.
- Shared transportation in air-conditioned bus
- Local English-speaking guide
- Cogwheel train ticket
- Visit through Montserrat Monastery
- Visit Oller del Mas vineyards, cellar, and castle
- Three organic wine tasting and cheese platter (3 artisanal cheese slices)
- Delicious tapas lunch (tapas option only), consisting of six pieces of pà amb tomàquet topped with fresh ingredients
- Welcome drink - organic white wine (tapas option only)
- Multi-course Catalan meal with wine (lunch option only)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (aged 4-12)
- Seniors (aged 65+)
- Infant (aged 0-3) Free
Plaça de Catalunya, 21, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
In front of Hard Rock Café. Look for the pink umbrella.
- There is a limit of 16 people per group, although transportation may be shared with other groups
- Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended as there is some walking involved
- Note that Montserrat is a religious site – please dress accordingly
- Available for any dietary allergies or restrictions
- Infants aged 3 or less may join the tour free of charge, but note that no car seat or meals are provided
- 10.00am (please arrive at least 15 minutes before the departure)
Discover one of the most interesting places near Barcelona in historic Montserrat. You'll travel fro...
Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece attracts more than three million visitors a year. You don’t want to w...
This exciting 3-hour evening tour includes a stroll around Barcelona to sample authentic Catalan tap...
Just minutes away from the noise of Las Ramblas and the crowded coastline of Barceloneta, an expert ...
Walk through Gaudi’s imagination as you pass among the mosaics, vaulted colonnades and bizarre archi...
During this three hour tour through the heart of Barcelona, we’ll introduce you to the fantastic arc...
Discover the creative genious of Gaudì, through two masterpieces which showcase his originality at i...
Departing by bus from Plaza Catalunya with an expert guide. Discover the magical and elegant Passeig...
Experience the artistic masterpieces of Gaudí with this premium small group tour in a luxury van.You...
The Gaudí House Museum was the residence of the architect Antoni Gaudí i Cornet (1852-1926) from 190...