Bay of Islands private tour with wine tasting
- Freedom to organize the experience the way you want it
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- Push your senses to the limits - sample wines and learn to describe them
This Private Tour consists of the bay of islands and Wine Tasting Tour in Kerikeri area
The Bay of Islands is one of the most visited attractions of New Zealand’s North Island, and this private 6-hour tour from Paihia combines all its highlights with wine tasting in the Kerikeri wine region. Along the way, discover New Zealand’s colonial history at the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, marvel at natural wonders such as Haruru Falls and Wharepuke Falls.
The exact itinerary can be tailored to your personal preferences. As you journey around the bay, stop to take photos of natural wonders such as the Haruru Falls and the Rainbow Falls; admire the Stone Store & Kemp House (Kerikeri Mission Station) in Kerikeri, two of the country’s oldest buildings; and take a peek at the historic wooden church of St James. Take a stroll along the Kerikeri River to see the Wharepuke Falls, pause to soak up the views across the Bay.
After a morning exploring the Bay of Islands, enjoy a scenic drive through the Kerikeri vineyards, as your guide talks about the region’s long winemaking history and how it became the foundation of New Zealand’s wine industry. Along the way, stop at a local winery to stroll the vineyards, peek into the wine cellars, and sample an array of Chardonnays, Pinot Gris, and Viogniers.
Winery visits can be customized to your preferences, and you could also choose to tuck into a delicious lunch (own
expense) at one of the wineries.
After lunch, your tour ends with drop-off back at your Paihia hotel or cruise port.
- Wine tasting
- Private tour guide and vehicle
- Lunch and extras
- The Waitangi Treaty Grounds Cultural Performance - NZD 50.00 per person to pay at the site (onrequest)
- Entrance fees
- Child (7 - 15)
- Senior (65 - 99)
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Paihia or Kerikeri, sea landing or Paihia i-SITE
- IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator 48 hours before the event. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Minimum age for the tour is 7 years
- The tour operates daily at 9.00am
- Tour is available within November to March only
Get picked up at 8.15am at the Paihia Wharf by our sea shuttle, who will take you on a smooth cruise...
The Bay of Islands is the postcard star of New Zealand’s North Island, blessed with white sands, gli...
During this tour, you will experience an encounter with prehistoric giants that only a couple of cen...
Add a special experience to your cruising holiday and see the Bay of Islands your way on this full-d...
Sample some of Wellington's tastiest cocktail creations on this guided walking tour! On this tour, y...
Experience the ultimate food walking tour of New Zealand’s capital city! On this interesting and mem...