Giants and Tiny Dwarfs Bay of Islands Tour
- Freedom to organize the experience the way you want it
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- Explore the countryside and become part of the beautiful landscape
During this tour, you will experience an encounter with prehistoric giants that only a couple of centuries ago dominated the vast forests of the Northland. You will see amazing Kauri – bewitching giants. Unfortunately, very few of them remain and their future is still uncertain despite all the efforts of the state and New Zealanders.
If Kauri were mighty lords of the forests the second highlight of the tour are tiny and defenseless glowworms which bring to the darkness of the underground caves a mysterious bluish glow of an endless starry sky.
You will also get a chance to visit the main tourist attraction in Kawakawa – the colorful public toilet designed by famous Austrian artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser.
One of the stops is Te Waimate Mission House – New Zealand’s second-oldest building that preserves missionary, farming and architectural history of early encounters between Māori and Europeans.
And the scenery and historical sites in the famous Bay of Islands will complete the harmonious tour turning it into the first step towards your love of this beautiful part of the world.
- Private tour guide and vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Entry fees (Kawiti Caves NZD 30 pp)
- Child (7 - 15)
- Senior (65 - 99)
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Paihia or Kerikeri, sea landing or Paihia i-SITE
- IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator 48 hours before the event. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Minimum age for the tour is 7 years
- The tour operates every day at 9.00am or 2.00pm
Get picked up at 8.15am at the Paihia Wharf by our sea shuttle, who will take you on a smooth cruise...
The Bay of Islands is the postcard star of New Zealand’s North Island, blessed with white sands, gli...
This Private Tour consists of the bay of islands and Wine Tasting Tour in Kerikeri area The Bay of I...
Add a special experience to your cruising holiday and see the Bay of Islands your way on this full-d...
Sample some of Wellington's tastiest cocktail creations on this guided walking tour! On this tour, y...
Experience the ultimate food walking tour of New Zealand’s capital city! On this interesting and mem...