The journey starts in Flåm with the breathtaking Flåm Railway, which is one of the world's steepest railway on normal tracks. The 20 km long train journey gives you a panoramic view of some of the wildest and most magnificent of Norwegian mountain nature, including the famous Kjosfossen waterfall. At Myrdal station, a train changes to the Bergen Railway. The journey on the Bergen Railway between Myrdal and Bergen is divided into two stages. At Voss, you leave the railway for three hours and visit Mount Hanguren. The Voss Gondol takes you from the train station and up to the top station (820 masl) in less than 9 minutes. Here you will have a panoramic view of many of the mountains surrounding the town of Voss. Next, you'll go on to hiking at Hanguren Panorama: This is an easy walk that is suitable for all ages and levels, and you can even bring a stroller. The trail is around 800 meters and offers a beautiful panoramic view of Voss’s mountains, lakes, and part of the town center. You'll also find a variety of activities here - in the summertime, it is popular to go hiking, biking, paragliding, or rappelling. In the winter the gondola takes you to the big ski resort, Voss Resort, where you can have fun in the snow all day. At the top station of the gondola, you'll also find Hangurstoppen Restaurant. The restaurant can seat 450 people and serves cold and warm dishes made from local ingredients. Here you can have a nice lunch while enjoying the view. From Voss, the journey continues on the Bergen Railway along lakes, rivers, mountains, and fjords to Bergen, the city between the seven mountains and the gateway to the fjords. The tour ends at Bergen Railway Station.
Excursions & day trips
Self-guided day trip to Bergen via Flåm Railway and the Voss Gondol
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 6 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Experience one of the best panoramic train trips
- Enjoy an easy hike to one of the most beautiful views of the mountains, lakes, and city
- Learn about the city between seven mountains
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Flåm railway (Flåm - Myrdal)
- Bergen Railway (Myrdal - Voss)
- Voss Gondol
- Bergen Railway (Voss - Bergen)
What's not included
- Food and drink
- Return tickets
- Tour guide
Infants (0-3): Free
5742 Flåm, Norway
Departure from Flåm Station - Visitor Center
What to remember
- This trip is one-way
- Dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes
- All ages welcome
- Please note, this is a self-guided tour and you will be supplied with an itinerary together with all the transportation tickets. Most boats, trains, and busses have onboard audio guidance or visual information screens available
- All year round
- Please refer to the calendar for updated availability
Guided Fjord Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the activity begins.