Berlin Today guided tour
- Discover the vibrant and exciting German capital with a local English-speaking guide
- Go beyond the tourist trail and explore four very different Berlin neighborhoods - Mitte, Prenzlauer Berg, Kreuzberg, and Friedrichshain
- See the most popular sites such as the Kulturbrauerei and East Side Gallery along the way
- Learn about Berlin's evolution since the fall of the wall
Go off the beaten path and feel the vibrant atmosphere of Berlin during this 4-hour guided tour. See for yourself why this city became the capital of cool and why the mayor himself memorably labeled the city 'poor but sexy'. Learn about the changes taking place in the German capital after the fall of the Wall and about a unification of the communist East with the capitalist West. During your tour, you will go beyond popular tourist trails and you will visit 4 different Berlin neighborhoods.
You will visit the courtyards of Mitte, full of artistic culture, consumerism and thriving IT start-ups. You can admire buildings which were quickly restored to their former glory after the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Explore popular Prenzlauer Berg, the district favored by dynamic entrepreneurs and young fashionistas. You will also visit the 'Kulturbrauerei', an old brewery complex which has been refurbished into a center for culture and the arts.
Discover the alternative districts of Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg with a visit to the East Side Gallery to discuss the origins and political message of Berlin's (in)famous street art scene. You will have a chance to walk over the iconic Oberbaum bridge, which connects East and West Berlin and boasts spectacular views from both sides.
At the end of your tour, you will stop by the Turkish Market, which is an outdoor bazaar right next to the stunning Landwehr canal. You can find their artisans, local farmers, and live music which represent the city's diverse population.
- 4-hour tour with English-speaking guide
- Public transport ticket (a day pass for the AB zone is required: EUR 7)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Child (0-12) only with a paying adult: free
Student (13-25 years): reduced
Senior (from 65 years): reduced
If you acquire reduced tickets, please show a valid ID/student's ID at the meeting point
Reichstagufer 17, 10117 Berlin
Meet outside Friedrichstrasse train station, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears).
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before departure time, as latecomers will not be permitted to join the tour
- Remember about clothing appropriate to the weather
- From 1 April to 31 October
- Tours operate Tuesdays and Fridays at 2.00pm
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
The city center of Berlin is filled with famous sightseeing points: the TV tower, Brandenburg Gate, ...
Discover the wild side of Kreuzberg that transformed from one of the poorest quarters of Berlin in t...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...