Meet your local guide at the Grand-Place of Brussels to make the most of your stay in Brussels and visit the magnificent ancient city of Bruges!
After a comfortable and quick train journey departing from Brussels, where you will be able to admire the superb Flemish countryside, the guide will lead you on an unforgettable excursion to discover Bruges.
Dive into the “little Venice of the north’s” past and learn more about its medieval history, its breathtaking Flemish painters, and its incredible architecture.
During this visit to this ancient city in West Flanders, with an incredibly well-preserved charm and medieval aspect, you will be able to discover:
- The ancient city wall park
- Markt Square, a tenth-century city market
- Burg Square, the political heart of the city
- The VisMarkt (fish market) and the Tanners’ Square, two of the oldest squares in Bruges
- The Groening museum (possibility to enter the museum for an extra fee)
- Our Lady of Bruges, one of the oldest churches in the city
- Old St. John’s Hospital, one of the oldest hospitals in Europe
- Brewery “De Halve Maan”, the only brewery still operating in the city centre
- The Beguinage, one of the best-preserved examples of a medieval gated community
- The “Lake of Love”, one of the main water reservoirs that nourish the canal system of Bruges