Classic Budapest cuisine experience and wine tasting
- Get an overview of Hungarian cuisine through its history, culinary culture and ingredients
- Visit three venues during the walk with tastings at each location including main course and dessert
- Taste three Hungarian top-quality wines
- Enjoy a small group experience with a private guide that is specialized in food and wine
Exploring Budapest through its food and drinks is the best way to do it! This food, wine, and cultural walking tour begins at The Central Market Hall, which is one of Europe’s largest and most spectacular indoor markets, and continues through the charming nearby neighbourhood.
At the Central Market Hall you will begin getting acquainted with Hungarian cuisine through the great variety of local and seasonal ingredients on display. You’ll hear about the history of the building and the culture of eating and drinking in Hungary. The tour also includes an introduction to Hungarian paprika and will reveal why it is so special.
After tasting a few carefully selected things at the market, you will head out to the surrounding neighbourhood and visit a few more places. Lunch will be served at a traditional restaurant, where you will taste a special Hungarian spirit as well. No day in Budapest is complete without dessert, so you will also stop at a cafe, that is very popular among locals, to taste some very special dumplings.
The tour will end with a tasting of three quintessential Hungarian wines. During the tasting your guide will introduce you the Hungarian wine regions, varietals and styles. This tour will give you a taste of the traditional side of Hungarian cuisine, as well as the modern artisans’ work.
The tour provider is trying to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs it is not guaranteed that it will be possible in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited.
- English speaking guide
- Generous food and drink tastings
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Gratuities and tips
- Students ages 13-26: reduced rate with a valid student ID
- Children ages 3-12: reduced rate
- Infants ages 0-2: free
Meet your guide on Fővám tér 6, in V. district Budapest. Your guide is waiting for you in front of Burger King restaurant.
- Important notice: The tour tries to cater for dietary requirements but due to local food customs it cannot be guaranteed in all cases. Options for vegetarians, guests with allergies and religious dietary restrictions may be very limited
- Please note that the minimum number of participants for the tour to run is 2. In an unlikely situation that this requirement is not met, you will be offered a full refund
- Guests under 18 are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, they will be served soft drinks instead
- Participants will need to be fit for light walking for up to 4 hours, with breaks
- Tour runs in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
1 February - 31 March: 12.00pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays
1 April - 31 October: 12.00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
1 November - 31 January: 12.00pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays
Visit the illuminated ‘Paris of the East’ and spend a memorable evening in a traditional Hungarian r...
Dive into the nightlife of Budapest in a fascinating way, on board of a river cruise by night that t...
With its 21 pools, Széchenyi Spa is the largest thermal bath complex in Budapest and one of the larg...
See the beautiful city center of Budapest on an interactive segway tour in a small group that gives ...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...
Get on the culinary side of Budapest have an up-close look at the most important icon of the city be...