Buenos Aires Pope Francis Tour
- Follow the educational and religious path made by Jorge Bergoglio before he became Pope Francis
- Visit all of the formative places that built his character, from schools to churches and even a sports club
You will be visiting the path made by Jorge Bergoglio before becoming ”The Pope from the end of the world”, Pope Francis.
The tour begins with the visit of the Iglesia Metropolitana, which was the place where the Argentinean people waited together for the designation of the successor of Pope Benedicto XVI. You will get to know the place where Jorge Bergoglio lived with his parents and four brothers during the first years of his life. Then you will visit the Basílica San José de Flores in which a 17 years old Jorge Bergoglio devoted his life to God. We'll also visit the places that educated him and where Pope Francis took his sacraments and religious vocation.
These places will be visited during the tour:
- Catedral Metropolitana
- Arzobispado de Buenos Aires
- Iglesia San Ignacio Loyola
- Iglesia San Francisco de Asís
- Basílica San José de Flores.
- Solar de la Infancia
- Instituto Nuestra Señora de la Misericordia
- Escuela "Coronel Ing. Pedro Antonio Cerviño"
- Iglesia del Salvador
- Universidad del Salvador
- Origen del Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro
- Basílica de San Carlos y María Auxiliadora
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English)
- Transportation during the tour
- Hotel pick-up (the transfers IN/OUT are not included)
- Food or beverage
Tangol San Telmo Office, Defensa 831
- Daily departure based on minimum of 2 passengers to operate. When the minimum of passenger is not covered, we may change the day of the tour; or passenger can pay extra for the missing spot for a guaranteed departure
Everyday all year long at 10:00 am
After meeting the guide in our San Telmo office, we will go through Puerto Madero district: the newe...
Get to know the exciting life of Evita who has now become a legend, being one of Argentina’s most re...
This tour is designed for travelers who, on their last day in Buenos Aires, need to leave their hote...
Discover the incredible history of May Square and its sorroundings. This area may be the most import...
Your 3-hour private historical tour begins with hotel pickup. You will meet your professional, histo...
This private tour is focused on the history of the Argentinian-Jewish community, right from where it...