Private day tour of Rustic Cenotes and Homún Village with lunch
- Visit the rustic cenotes of Homún on this private, full-day tour
- Explore hidden gems of the Yucatán peninsula
- Swim in the crystal waters of Homun jungle's cenotes
- Emerge yourself into Mayan culture while visiting Homun modern Mayan village
Visit the rustic cenotes (sinkholes) of Homún on this private, full-day tour. During this one-of-a-kind opportunity, you'll spend the day exploring hidden crystal waters at Homún jungle cenotes in the company of a professional experienced guide. You will find a huge variety of cenotes, each one with uniquely transparent waters of various colors. In the village Homún, you will visit the church and colonial convent, as well as discover the traditional life of a village on the Yucatan. Then, you take the cenote route, where you can enjoy three rustic cenotes of your choice:
Cenote Tza Ujun Kat: located in front of the cemetery of the Homún village. It has a hole in the top where the sunlight enters and the interior is very spacious. The water is emerald green and very transparent. It has both deep and shallow parts, which makes it ideal for families.
Cenote Santa Rosa: located next to the soccer field. The top of this cenote has the form of a full dome with a small hole in the middle, letting only a little amount of sunlight to enter the cenote. To descend to the level of the water you must take wooden stairs. The water is colored turquoise blue.
Cave and Cenote Santa Maria: located a few blocks from the center of Homún, this is one of the most attractive cenotes. In order to get to this cenote, you must first pass though a grotto/underground river. The cenote itself looks like a giant jacuzzi. Ideal for those who like adventure.
Cenote Yaxbacaltun: located out of the village, a dirt road leads to this cenote. It is one of the largest and most spectacular. More than half of its vault has collapsed, giving it very good lighting.
Cenote Balmil: located out of the village. In the entrance there is a large cottonwood tree. Once inside the chamber, there are whimsical stone formations and the water is turquoise blue and very transparent.
The diversity, exuberance and beauty of these cenotes makes it one of the best natural attractions of the Yucatan. The advantage of these cenotes is that they are not part of the tourist routes widely promoted in the Yucatan. Because of this, Homún cenotes maintain their rustic and natural look.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Private transportation by air-conditioned sedan or minivan
- Professional and certified guide
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (optional)
MONUMENTO AL ALBAÑIL, Calle Prol. Av. Kabáh, 92, 77516 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
- Recommended dress code: comfortable shoes and clothes
- Remember to bring: bathing suites, towels, sunscreen, mosquito repellent and dry clothes to change after swimming (optional)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Private tour gives you an advantage to be picked at the hotel or apartment you staying at. Please provide your accommodation details on making a reservation.
Every day at 7.00am
A chance to experience the world-famous aerial acrobatics of Cirque du Soleil – but with a Mexican t...
Xcaret is a gigantic eco-archaeological complex with more than enough attractions to keep all ages b...
It's fiesta time as we party the night away in Cancun. You'll have free-flowing national drinks all ...
Holbox Island offers 36km of pristine white beaches washed by emerald green seas. On this exclusive ...
A journey into the heart of the Yucatan. You'll discover the colourful town of Izamal and then explo...
If you're in search of a holiday experience that'll get your heart pounding, then a day at Xplor is ...