Heart of Cappadocia tour
- Marvel at the lunar landscapes of Devrent Valley
- Visit the old city of Cavusin and Göreme Open Air Museum
- See traditional pottery workshops in Avanos
- Have dinner in an authentic cave restaurant
Lunar-like landscapes, cave churches, and fairy chimneys – nowhere on Earth will you ever find such a surreal scenery as in Cappadocia, a historical region in Central Anatolia, Turkey. Those who join this Cappadocia tour willl have the chance to admire and learn the history of these jaw-dropping landscapes with their incredible chimneys, troglodyte dwellings, cave churches, rock castles and impressive valleys that aren't replicated anywhere else in the world!
After a pick-up from your hotel, you will be transported to Devrent Valley, where you will discover the magnificent lunar landscape of Cappadocia. Your local city guide will give you a tour of the area and tell about about its history, culture and geological formations. Then you will take a 25 minute hike of the area with your guide, which will undoubtedly take your breath away!
Next stop on the tour is Cavusin, an old city abandoned years ago due to rock falls. Its cave mosque, pigeon houses, churches, and homes carved into the rocks look truly surreal. Avanos, the center of terracotta artworks since 3000BC, will be your next stop. Here you will see traditional pottery workshops and learn about the way pottery, an integral part of the local culture, has developed over centuries. Those who want to try their hand at pottery can do it under the local craftsmen’s supervision.
Afterwards, you will get to enjoy an authentic cave restaurant. A lunch of manti (Turkish ravioli), bulgur corbasi (wheat soup) and tandoori bread baked in a traditional oven will get you going on the rest of your tour, which will continue in the famous Göreme Open Air Museum with the best examples of Byzantine art in Cappadocia on display. You’ll also makes stops as the Uchisar and Pigeon Valley and Estentepe, where you’ll be able to taste some Turkish tea and enjoy the stunning views of Goreme Valley - the perfect way to finish your adventure!
- Tour as per description with a local English-speaking guide
- Pick up and drop off at centrally located hotels in Cappadocia
- Entrance fees
- Local lunch in a cave restaurant
- Personal purchases
- Tips and gratuities for a guide and driver
- Сhildren 5 years of age and under: free
- Children 6 to 11 years of age: reduced
Pick up and drop off at centrally located hotels in Cappadocia
- Please be aware that the standard of dress through out Turkey is conservative. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for both women and men.
- Following recent safety incidents, we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on traveling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9.30am
Capadocia es conocida en todo el mundo como uno de los mejores lugares para volar con globos aerostá...
Deje que este recorrido especial de vino y puesta de sol en Capadocia dé vida al verdadero significa...
Nature and history combine on this excursion to Dalyan. You'll bathe at the world-famous Daylan mud ...
If you're planning on getting a golden glow while you're in Turkey a hammam, or Turkish bath will ge...
The warm, crystal-clear waters that surround the Bodrum peninsula are absolutely perfect for scuba d...
Taking in a sunset on a secluded beach is always special. Make a real event of it on this sunset 4x4...