Private tour of Carcassonne
- Discover the smart creativity used to defense the city
- Learn about the weapons of medieval's wars and the Cathar's religion
- Enjoy the St Nazaire Church roman and gothic styles
Discover one of the most beautiful fortified cities of the Middle Ages on a private 2-hour walking tour of Carcassonne. Learn more about the Cathar religion and the holy wars that raged at Europe's most defensive fortress.
Follow your expert guide through the well-preserved military and religious architecture of Carcassonne. You'll travel back to the Middle Ages and admire the genius used to construct the city's defense. You'll see the Comtal castle, the most defensive fortress on the continent. You'll discover the city's 52 towers (35 internal and 17 external) and get an insight into the Cathar religion and the holy wars that raged across the city.
- 2.25 hrs tour with a professional guide
- Entrance fee to the Comtal Castle
- Transportation to/from the city
- Food and drinks
- Children under 9: free
Porte Narbonnaise, 11000 Carcassonne, France
Meet us outside the Narbonnaise door in front of Lady Carcas statue
- This tour involves a lot of walking on cobblestone streets and some walking up stairs
- Comfortable shoes are recommended (no high heels)
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Sunglasses are recommended in July and August
- The price of this tour depends on the number of customers per group
- Every day
Departure at 10.30am, 1.30pm, 4.00pm
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Discover the château of the Counts of Carcassonne and the ramparts, a UNESCO World Heritage site loc...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
During this private visit to Carcassonne, you will discover a spectacular medieval fortified city. T...