Get picked up from your hotel in Pune city centre and head to Karla and Bhaja Caves. The Bhaja caves are regarded to be from the times of Hinayana phase of Buddhism, which is of 2nd to 1st century BC. These caves are also mainly Viharas and Chaityas. Karla Cave is the largest Hinayana Buddhist chaitya (temple) in India and is the best example of rock-cut architecture and some of its 2000 year-old wooden beams are still alive. It takes nearly 20 minutes to climb up the steep way of the Karla caves. There is a 45 meter long Chaitya, the finest of its kind in the country. After tour, return transfer to your hotel of stay.
Attractions & guided tours
Full-day private tour of Karla and Bhaja caves from Pune
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 7 hours to 8 hours
Safety measures applied
Smaller group size
Do this because
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Explore at your leisure and spend more time at your favourite parts
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Caves entrance fee
- Local english speaking guide tour
- Private transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Supplement for Pick-up from Hinjewadi, Pimpri, Chinchwad, Wakad and Talegaon
- USD 25 Per Person (2-5 Pax)
- USD 17.50 Per Person (6-7 Pax)
- USD 50 for Solo Traveller
- The tour involves a long-distance travel and climbing up 350 steps and walking reasonable distances, hence travelers should be physically fit
- This tour is not recommended for children under 10 years old
- Small group maximum of 7 travelers
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience