Walk into an everyday Indian kitchen, and watch the magic play out of a masala dani - the Indian spice box. Savour the fragrance of a million spices, working in harmony together to make the meal a memorable experience. Observe and learn how the locals prepare their meals – some sing, some shout out their presence and others enchant you. Listen to the stories behind seasonal produce, handpicking local vegetables and of the people who grow them. Create a drool-worthy meal, sit back and relish every mouthful. This is one trail where you would love getting your hands dirty. Be entranced by the allure of Indian cuisine.
Half-day cooking demonstration and meal with a local family
Availability: All Days
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 2 hours to 3 hours
Do this because
- Eat amazing local food
- Learn how to cook traditional and delicious Indian dishes
- Gain new cooking skills to show friends and family back home
What to expect
- Services of a local host
- Bottled water
- Lunch and refreshments
- Transportation to and from the hotel in AC vehicle
- All applicable taxes
- Child (6-12)
- Pick-up from your city hotel in Chennai
- The pick-up is only from city hotels (within 10km) and if guest wish to be picked up in the outskirts there will be a supplement to be paid on-site”
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- What to wear: Suitable comfortable clothing
- What to bring: your own bottle, sunglasses and caps
- Tour requires walking, hence the person should be in good physical conditions
- Children under the age of 6 are not allowed
- Pick-up starts at 12.30
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins.