Walk into an everyday Indian kitchen, and watch the magic play out of a masala dani - the Indian spice box. Savour the fragrance of a million spices, working in harmony together to make the meal a memorable experience. Observe and learn how the locals prepare their meals – some sing, some shout out their presence and others enchant you. Listen to the stories behind seasonal produce, handpicking local vegetables and of the people who grow them. Create a drool-worthy meal, sit back and relish every mouthful. This is one trail where you would love getting your hands dirty. Be entranced by the allure of Indian cuisine.
Meet the Locals
Half-day cooking demonstration and meal with a local family
Availability: All Days
Duration: 3 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Eat amazing local food
- Learn how to cook traditional and delicious Indian dishes
- Gain new cooking skills to show friends and family back home
What to expect
- Services of a local host
- Bottled water
- Lunch and refreshments
- Transportation to and from the hotel in AC vehicle
- All applicable taxes
- Child (6-12)
- Pick-up from your city hotel in Chennai
- The pick-up is only from city hotels (within 10km) and if guest wish to be picked up in the outskirts there will be a supplement to be paid on-site”
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- What to wear: Suitable comfortable clothing
- What to bring: your own bottle, sunglasses and caps
- Tour requires walking, hence the person should be in good physical conditions
- Children under the age of 6 are not allowed
- Pick-up starts at 12.30
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the activity begins.