On this tour, visit Anuradhapura is a popular city in Sri Lanka, that is well known for its well-preserved ruins of an ancient Sinhala civilization. Anuradhapura is also a UNESCO world heritage site with a large tank, numerous stone pillars, two or three immense tumuli as the important remain of the ruins. There are eight iconic landmarks that you should visit to learn about the history of Anuradhapura including Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi, Ruwanwelisaya, Thuparamaya, Lovamahapaya, Abhayagiri Dagaba, Jetavanarama, Mirisaveti Stupa, Lankaran.
Excursions & day trips
Anuradhapura ancient kingdom tour from Colombo
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 14 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Explore Anuradhapura World Heritage Site and ruins
- Enjoy an authentic Sri Lankan lunch
- Learn about the history of Anuradhapura
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Entrance fees to sites
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (age 3-11)
- Infants (age 0-2): free admission
Pick-up from your hotels in Colombo. You will indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- Please confirm your pickup time and location with the local operator prior to the tour. You will find the contact details on the voucher after booking
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with limited mobility
- It is recommended to bring your water bottle, wear comfortable clothing that covers your shoulder and legs, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, and a sunhat
- Please note that breakfast is not included on this trip. It is advised that you eat breakfast before you are being picked up, or packed food to eat en route
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Aitken Spence Travels
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.