Guided tour to the Enchanted City and the birth of the Cuervo river from Cuenca
- Admire the most impressive natural spaces of the Serrania of Cuenca
- Visit the Enchanted City, the Uña Lake and the Spring of Cuervo River
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
Leaving from your accommodation in Cuenca, the first stop will be the Enchanted City, where the karstic landforms have generated capricious rocky shapes that amaze visitors. The hike takes around one hour and a half and you will be able to observe a particular flora adapted to the different environmental areas (hollows on the rocks, shady areas, and pine forest) as well as to know the reason why the rocks have these particular shapes.
Afterward, you will make a brief visit to Uña Lake. It was declared Wildlife Refuge in 1988 due to the diversity of birds, mainly wintering birds that live in the lake, as well as other kinds of animals, like birds of prey and mammals, such as otters. With the assistance of optical devices (prismatic, telescope) you will be able to sight many bird species whether related to the lake (Grey heron, Great cormorant, Marsh harrier) or rocky cliffs species (Griffon vulture, Egyptian vulture).
You will have lunch at Uña village, in a typical Serrano Restaurant. If you have not booked your meal in advance you will have a wide range of restaurants to choose, besides nice public picnic areas to eat on your own.
After lunch, you will take a route track of around 40 minutes that will lead you to the Spring of Cuervo River. It is a Natural Monument located in the North of Serranía which borders Serranía de Cuenca and Alto Tajo Natural Parks. It is an area of great beauty by the formation of a travertine rocky cascade, as well as by plant formations typical from Atlantic environments: Holly, Yew, Rowan trees, etc. The great waterfalls will make your visit an unforgettable experience.
Last but not least, you will make a visit to the Ventano del Diablo Viewpoint on your way back to the capital, where you can enjoy a spectacular scenery over Júcar canyon. After taking the last and most breathtaking photos, you'll return to Cuenca.
- Hotel pick-up
- Specialized guide
- Lunch in Uña (if selected the option)
- Entrance fee to the Enchanted City
- Gratuities (optional)
- Infant (0-2): free
- Child (3-10): reduced
Pickup and drop-off from your hotel. Please confirm the pick-up place directly with the local operator. You'll find their contact details on the voucher
- Please confirm the pick-up place directly with the local operator after booking. You'll find their contact details on the voucher
- This activity isn't wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9.30am
Enjoy the most complete panoramic visit of Cuenca with an audio guide in a tourist train. Explanatio...
Leaving from your accommodation in Cuenca, you'll make a stop at the Ventano del Diablo viewpoint wi...
Leaving from your accommodation in Cuenca you'll visit two natural sites which are not overcrowded y...
Cuenca is a city full of magic and charm, you'll fall in love at first sight. This guided tour at ni...
Leaving from your accommodation in Cuenca early in the morning, you'll visit Uña, one of the most we...
With this half-day tour, you'll learn about the Roman Empire in Cuenca.You'll first visit the Roman ...