Full-day Machu Picchu tour in expedition class train
- Discover Machu Picchu's beauty and mystery with a knowledgeable guide
- Journey in The Expedition Train Class with beautiful designs of Incan culture
- Take in the unbelievable scenery and take incredible panoramic pictures of a journey unlike any other
- All-Inclusive Tour of the ruins of Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas
- Learn about the important and inspiring history of this sacred Inca site and visit the temples of the Sun and the Condor
Early Morning, you'll be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the train station.
Your tour to Machu Picchu begins with a train ride to Aguas Calientes or "Machu Picchu town" onboard of the Expedition Train. The train cars are steeped in the designs of Incan culture, making them the perfect way to start your trip to the Machu Picchu citadel. The Expedition will give you the chance to take in the unbelievable scenery and take incredible panoramic pictures of a journey unlike any other.
You will be waited on by a highly-trained staff member for the duration of your trip, offering you a hot or cold beverage and a snack made from Andean ingredients. If you wish, you’ll be able to take advantage of some onboard shopping, offering you everything you need for your visit to the Incan citadel.
Upon arrival to Aguas Calientes you can see the train station, a crafts market, restaurants and accommodation of different categories for those who prefer to spend the night at the foot of the mountain and climb it early.
After a short transfer to the citadel you will reach Machu Picchu, a masterpiece of engineering and architecture that is believed served as a sanctuary and retreat for the Inca Pachacutec. Your guide will take you on a guided tour of the ruins of Machu Picchu, ‘The Lost City of the Incas.’ You will learn about the important and inspiring history of this sacred Inca site and visit the temples of the Sun and the Condor. You'll also get to see the aqueducts and houses, while learning some interesting facts about the Sacred Inca Terraces. Machu Picchu, which means "Old Mountain", is considered a World Heritage by UNESCO and one of the new seven wonders of the world.
After your tour, you will have some free time to explore this site on your own. Then, you will return back to Aguas Calientes where you will have time to lunch.
At proper time you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco. Upon arrival to the train station, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop-Off
- Roundtrip Executive Class Train tickets
- Roundtrip Bus to/from the citadel of Machu Picchu
- Entrance Fee to Machu Picchu
- Guided Tour
- Permanent Assistance
During checkout you'll be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel for pickup
- You won't be charged any extra fees if you decide to stay overnight on your own and return the next day. A second time visit is possible on the second day although extra expenses like a second entrance fee and bus ride to the citadel are not included. All of this can only be arranged upon request with due anticipation.
- During checkout you'll be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel for pickup
- Please contact the tour operator to confirm your pick up time
- Every day
Exclusive city tour that starts at San Cristobal Plaza to enjoy a panoramic view of the city. We wil...
The Sacred Valley of the Incas welcomes us every day. On the way we will stop at Awanacancha, a plac...
We will get away from the crowds to visit Sacsayhuaman, an impressive citadel full of colossal const...
Experience the sacred landscapes of the Incas on a 5-day trek to Machu Picchu. Hike though the Molle...
Explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas in the fertile farming region surrounding Cusco, and learn th...
Travel by car from Cusco to Cruz Pata, where we will start a short trekking up to Moray. After the v...